Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jesus and Horus: The Similiarities in Their Stories
(06-06-2016, 08:18 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: There are overwhelming parallels in the story of Jesus and Horus, which have made me question if Jesus' life events, characteristics, and teachings in the Christian Bible weren't taken from earlier text. Horus was considered a god in ancient Egypt, a manifestation or aspect of their supreme God, Ra.

With all the other mistranslated text and books that were removed by the Council of Nicea to be used as the Christian Bible, it really makes me scratch my head and wonder where the story of Jesus came from.

What do you think?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=167]

Oh my, I wish I had seen this earlier and Mystic could have seen my input. I'm sure we would have talked about it for a long time! I would love to hear her feedback on my ideas. This graphic above makes me think of the logic, or thought process, that I went with so many years ago when I turned away from the paranormal and turned back to the Bible. I mentioned it before to Mystic that I saw a lot of the religious type vs more spiritual type debates as being like the time Moses threw down Aaron's rod before Pharaoh and it became a serpent. Pharaoh's magicians did the exact same thing; their rods became serpents, but Aaron's rod devoured all the others. The reason is, I think, that Godly power trumps all earthly, or satanic power. I say satanic because as the Bible says, satan is the ruler of the earthly plane. Would it not stand to reason that he could at least be partly behind a lot of things?

This is the reason I started questioning my experiences with the paranormal. It may feel good to me, but who's playing me for their own benefit? Who's pretending to be a nice little ghost when in reality, it may be an evil influencer with a sweet(?) personality. I am not willing to risk losing my soul to some song and dance by an evil entity. Am I missing some very interesting contact with otherworldly beings? Possibly... but I do know for a fact that my life has become so much more peaceful and pleasant since I asked God to take away my ability to sense things.

I really don't mean to get off-topic, but the list of attributes of Horus just seems so much like a prank that's being played on Christians, to get them to doubt their faith. The Bible says satan goes about like a lion, seeking someone to devour (paraphrased). Jesus also said to be careful and not let any man deceive you. When I was studying the paranormal I learned that upon hearing a new idea or theory, I should hold it in my thoughts and see if it rang true. There has been so much over the past few years that I have held onto and got a bad or negative vibe from it. I get the same vibe looking at that list of Horus' attributes, or "facts."

Mystic, wherever you are tonight, I hope you are at peace. I wish you could reply to this, I'd love to know what you think of my input.

Spirit Scribe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesus and Horus: The Similiarities in Their Stories - by Spirit Scribe - 09-14-2021, 03:25 AM