Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bright light, possible meteor streaks across Arizona sky
Yeah, it exploded and broke up in the air. that's what the series of flashes was about, rather than one big flash. I don't know about shaking the ground, but an observer might have thought so. It would take a mighty big, mighty loud explosion that far up to shake the ground, and that would probably have awakened everyone for miles around. However, when something explodes, one can feel the concussion (I can feel them in my chest, and guess that everyone can), even when the explosion is far away or otherwise minimized, so I think the person reporting the ground shaking may have been experiencing that sensation instead.

I think there may have been a minor earthquake here this evening. Grace and I were at Wally World, and I felt the floor bow up and down like a wave - but I reckon no one else felt it. I haven't checked to see if one happened here or not, as I don't want to know if I've started hallucinating. It felt to me like every other earthquake I've experienced (admittedly few, just 4 or 5 that were noticeable to me)... but there's always a good chance I just imagined it.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bright light, possible meteor streaks across Arizona sky - by Ninurta - 06-03-2016, 02:56 AM