Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could This New Documentary Prove the The Yeti Exists?
I think that there are not just one sort, but probably several widely disparate species - some human 0r approaching human, others decidedly not. The descriptions from different areas are just too disparate.

Relict Neanderthals, Homo Erectus (last I heard, the Indonesian "Hobbits" (H. Florensis) were thought to be a population of latent Homo Erectus modified by island dawrfism that survived until at least 11.000 years ago, when the rest of Erectus died out half a million years before), Homo Denisova, Homo Antecessor/Heidelbergensis - the possibilities for relict humans/ humanoids are varied and diverse. Take the Nahanni Valley ("Headless Valley") in Canada for example - what's up there chopping off heads, wearing furs, and toting clubs and other primitive, pre-projectile, weapons? Probably not a great ape, but possibly not a full, modern human, either.

What about the Almas? they seem to fit the description of Neanderthals more than either humans or apes. Reports of varying species crop up all over the world. Indonesians report "Orang Pendek", and think of it as more man than monkey - possibly a relict population of H. Florensis "Hobbits"?

At the other end of the scale, we have the Big Boys, taller and bulkier than humans, fitting a description of giant gorillas more closely. Might that not be surviving pockets of Gigantopithecus, the Chinese Giant Ape that allegedly died out 300,000 years ago or so? American "Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Skunk Ape" might be such a relict population. Perhaps so with Yeti as well.

Out of all the bears there are around here (and that's a lot - 3 right here in my own tiny neighborhood), you know how many bear skeletons I've seen? Exactly one, years ago. I dunno where all these bears go to die, but it seems to not be in the woods... or else I'd have seen more bear bones, wouldn't I?
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could This New Documentary Prove the The Yeti Exists? - by Ninurta - 06-02-2016, 12:41 AM