Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Was Taught an American Is
While The bulk of Humanity does need to agree to systems that to not promote psychopaths to power for psychopaths to have Their power removed, the bulk of Humanity already behaves Ethically, especially as the to the first two Laws - statistically insignificant numbers choose to willfully and without fully informed consent hurt/kill Others (outside of war which is fomented for profit/control through propaganda) or take/damage Others' property without fully informed consent. 

Yes, if You choose poor behavior (break a Law or three), at minimum, You will lose social currency. You will become pariah. But to think that even a 5% pariah rate is a threat to the 95% seems absurd. And in a world where all material things are available, MOTIVE for poor behavior is radically reduced. Why would You take someOne else's stuff when You can ask for and receive Your own? "If You want peace, take the PROFIT out of war."

As for the three Laws and this exceptional situation... Those who care will seek an Ethical solution to the problem. As I am sure much in the way of details and information is lacking in that brief description, I cannot say what will be chosen as the resolution. Only that it will be Ethical. And then life goes on. But no One is going to say that, because Jim chose to do something, everyOne is subject to some new rule.
"Revolution in ideas, not blood."
♥♥♥
"If You want peace, take the PROFIT out of war."

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I Was Taught an American Is - by Amaterasu Solar - 05-24-2016, 04:57 AM