Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Was Taught an American Is
Quote:Amaterasu Solar wrote:

...until You can provide an example of "exceptional" circumstances, I doubt I will come up with any.  If We state that there are NO "laws," only the three Laws, and all solutions must be within those Laws, where do You see a problem rising?  

I may have missed it, earlier...but, if you don't mind - What are the 3 Laws?
That might help me better understand your confidence.
Likewise, it might illustrate your point that "there are no exceptions".
My profession deals with law/s.  When the profession was young, everything seemed to fit within common understandings &/or a sort of common-law paradigm.
As the ages have rolled past, however, greed, mismanagement, dishonesty, omissions, poor judgments and a lot of money have turned it into a profession that deals more with exceptions than common understanding.  ...But everyone wants to act like it is still, just, common understanding.  Which is why so many attorneys are employed in said profession. (And they tend to disagree with each other, unless they stand to gain from being on the same side of an argument.)
I have no solution to offer.  I would love to believe there is one...or, at least, that there is one worth fighting to give a chance at working.
Appreciate the conversation and opportunity to consider your passionate plea.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I Was Taught an American Is - by Minstrel - 05-24-2016, 04:52 AM