Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Was Taught an American Is
Quote:Minstrel wrote:

Quote:Amaterasu Solar wrote:
..."Human nature" is contingent on the systems We are using.  In systems that give Some power over Others (top-down controlmind, accounting for Human energy), We see psychopaths who are in control, doing things and blaming "Human nature."  No, the solution is not in expecting any Human to change first.  First We change the systems, then "Human nature" will follow.

I tend to disagree.  I do not see a "system" that cannot be abused.  Systems are based on rules, and with rules come rule-breakers, rule-interpreters, rule-enforcers and so on and so forth.
Human nature is no different from the rest of "nature"...being a consume and expend energy paradigm.  Life in this existence is predatory & terroristic.  To the prey, predators are always terrorists.  Regardless of the system - some will make it their life-ambition to exploit 'loopholes' to their advantage...based on the rules.
I would love to see a loopholeless system whose rules are equally good for all.

Given 1):  There are only three "rules" (Laws), 2) that the psychopaths in control in this system have power because We use a money system (accounting for Human energy) and top-down controlmind, 3) there are about 1% primary (genetic) psychopaths and as much as 6% secondary (mind controlled, abused) psychopaths, when the power structures are removed, the Ones who would "break rules" will have neither motive to do so nor the ability to pay toadies and so would have to do all rule-breaking PERSONALLY, and that 90+% of Us can easily deal with the 1-6% who might choose poor behavior.  As We are set up now, They have protections - physical (paid toadies) and legal - which They will not have...  Given all this, worrying that some One may break a rule as a reason not to go forth in taking power from the psychopaths, is a poor choice.  All solutions that are within Ethics are acceptable for any problem any Individuals might create.  Ethical consensus amongst Those who care will be the solution method for any Individual who might choose Their behavior poorly.
"Revolution in ideas, not blood."
♥♥♥
"If You want peace, take the PROFIT out of war."

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I Was Taught an American Is - by Amaterasu Solar - 05-24-2016, 04:41 AM