Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dr. Mary Helen Hensley NDE (Video)
(10-31-2016, 11:26 AM)Grace Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 06:15 AM)guohua Wrote: She is interesting though and has a good point about sitting on the right hand of God, I mean, won't that be a long line of Chairs and if you sat down on Gods hand side, would you be close enough to even see him?
All you're going to do is Walk The Streets of Gold all day or Sing, Boring!

Being seated at the right hand of God, isn't a chair in heaven that Jesus is sitting on.. 

The right hand of God is HIS power and sovereignty. The phrase is used throughout Scripture in just this manner (Ex. 15:6Isa. 48:13). Seated, just describes being established in.. so, when it is said that Jesus is seated at the right hand of God, it is specifically referring to the kingdom of heaven which Jesus is Lord over. So basically, to say that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father is to say, as John Calvin explains, that “Christ was invested with lordship over heaven and earth, and solemnly entered into possession of the government committed to him — and that he not only entered into possession once for all, but continues in it, until he shall come down on Judgment Day"

Therefore, when revelations 3:21 talks about the believers:"To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne." It is referencing the same Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus became Lord of.  Basically, this is our inheritance, if we are victorious or overcome like Jesus did, we will inherit the kingdom of heaven.

It's just a poetic way to say it.. it's definitely not a line of chairs somewhere in heaven.

As far as being bored with heaven or not thinking it wonderful and fun to be in the presence of God....  perhaps this is why people have a choice to follow Jesus or not.. anyone who wouldn't want to be there, doesn't have to be.
I guess that's us, we don't believe in a Heaven or an All Knowing God.
Mr. G. was raised in a Very Strict Pentecostal Family. He nearly lost his right arm in 1962 due to Blood Poisoning because his Mother and Father Believed God Would Save Him and Heal His Arm.
If it wasn't for his Older Sister taking him to the Emergency Room Wednesday Night when his parents went to Church he may have died.
Mr. G. says it was his first tour in Vietnam that changed his View forever on an All Mighty God.

I'm Chinese Born and Raised, we were never taught about The Bible or God.

So I guess I'm saying that neither of us expect to seat on the right hand of God or Walk Streets of Gold or Sing and Hug all day. Yes, that would be Boring To Both Of US!
Now if Heaven had a Rifle Range and a Handgun range and animals to Hunt, OK, you can count us in the Heaven Groupies.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dr. Mary Helen Hensley NDE (Video) - by Grace - 10-31-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Dr. Mary Helen Hensley NDE (Video) - by guohua - 10-31-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: Dr. Mary Helen Hensley NDE (Video) - by Grace - 10-31-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Dr. Mary Helen Hensley NDE (Video) - by Grace - 10-31-2016, 11:59 AM