Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dragon Caught on Tape in China?
Not a pterodactyl. The wing structure is wrong. Pterodactyl wings had one elongated pinky finger that supported the leading edge of the wing, and the rest of the fingers forward in a hand, The wings on this critter are more like bat wings, where the fingers all go back into supporting the wing.

Maybe a draygun.

The one in PA may be a thunderbird, since several have been sighted there, and the video is pretty indistinct as to wing structure.

I don't know of any dragons being sighted in the US recently, but there are the Central American tales of Quetzalcoatl/ Kukulcan, the "winged serpent", and several shell gorgets have been unearthed from the Mississippian culture in North America depicting giant rattlesnakes with both wings and horns. The Shawnee had tales of giant horned serpents in eastern North America, and the Cherokees had stories of the Uktena, a giant horned snake. In the mid to late 1500's, a Frenchman from a Huegenot French Settlement of Saint Helena in South Carolina reported an eyewitness account of finding a "winged serpent" in the woods that he claimed to see first hand. He said the indians with him at the time cut it's head off and carried it away for some kind of secret ceremony. I may post a translated quote of his report later.

I'll mention here that the Shawnees arose form the Fort Ancient culture in the Ohio Valley, and the Cherokees arose from the Mississippian Culture of the Mississippi Valley when it crept up the Tennessee River all the way to upper east Tennessee and edging into the southern part of Southwest Virginia.

In Shawnee and Cherokee folklore, these horned serpents were always found near water. The Cherokees still point to a cliff not far from Mystic's stomping grounds that they say had a nest of thunderbirds at the top who were always at war with an Uktena that lived in the river below the cliff. White streaks on the cliff are supposed to be bird droppings from the thunderbirds.

As late as the 1930's or so, there are Shawnee reports of seeing Great Horned Snakes in the woods, usually to be found near water-filled tree stumps. My own dad told me several times of seeing the tracks of a giant snake in West Virginia in the summer of 1941 or 1942, He saw the tracks where it had crawled along muddy logging roads, and said it looked like someone had dragged a 12" stovepipe in a serpentine path up the roads and across them into and out of the woods where he lived.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by guohua - 10-22-2016, 01:22 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Daitengu - 10-22-2016, 04:22 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by guohua - 10-22-2016, 04:24 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Ninurta - 10-22-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Ninurta - 10-23-2016, 06:28 AM