Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Veterans Administration sent me a letter
(05-05-2022, 04:53 AM)ChiefD Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 02:37 PM)Wizzz Wrote: I think I found something on your letter.
It's called the "Million Veteran Project" (MVP).
Here's the link for the general info page. It's the second section under "New, Ongoing and Published Research.

VA Genomics Page

And here is the specific MVP page:

MVP Specifics Page

Neither is terribly informative.
Basically, it looks like the garden variety "How do your genetics effect your health?" study.
The government being the government, I'll pass if the ask me. Lord knows they're professionals at
betraying trust.

Yes, that’s it the Million Veteran Project. I just don’t trust the VA. All that information in the wrong hands would be the worst shitstorm. 

I was active duty Navy 1982-1990, and in the Navy Reserves 1996-2008. God knows they got enough damn blood from me that they should have all kinds of DNA.

Hey Chief,
I absolutely agree. In my mind, I keep thinking of the data getting hacked but I have no idea what a hacker would do with
DNA mapping info.The hack on the OPM back in 2015 or so comes to mind. Tons of info including security clearance data stolen
& fingerprints. But, honestly, after thinking about it I suspect that the bigger risk is what our own gov't will do with all that info.

I was active Air Force 97-02 and then reserves 02-08.  Blood work and "random" pee tests were a fact of life. Although all those vaccines
were no treat. LMFAO!

Upshot: They definitely do NOT need our genetic info. 
Good post, my friend.  Really good.
[Image: Cheshire-Cat-Wallpaper.jpg]

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Veterans Administration sent me a letter - by Wizzz - 05-06-2022, 04:11 PM