Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Facebook loses $232 billion due to losing daily users
Hey @"OmegaLogos" , this one is for you my friend  minusculebiggrin

Apparently, Farcebook is losing members to the point it is effecting their stock
To the tune of $232 billion, in fact

Guess people are tired of being censored and going other places that accept all views, like Gettr and Parler
I know I am 

The Zuckerberg Blues: Facebook’s $232 Billion Face Plant Sets Record for Largest One-Day Market Value Drop

Quote:On Wednesday, Facebook (now Meta) reported flat user growth across almost all of its platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp last quarter, but even more worrying for the company was the loss of around 1 million daily users in North America.

The majority of Facebook’s advertising profit comes from North American users, so a loss of 1 million users shows signs of what could be a worrying trend for the company. This loss of users led to an overall decrease in daily Facebook users globally which a company spokesperson said was the first sequential decline in the history of Facebook.

Facebook’s heavy bet on the metaverse has also cost the company money in recent months, with CEO Mark Zuckerberg stating that the company had a net loss of $10 billion in 2021 due to its investment in the metaverse.

Time will tell if more users jump ship.

Hopefully Twitter and Youtube will be next, they are just as bad with censorship

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
Facebook loses $232 billion due to losing daily users - by senona - 02-05-2022, 12:58 AM