Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden Deploys 3,000 Troops To NATO “Eastern Flank” Countries
(02-03-2022, 07:49 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 02:09 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Posting upon this thread is outside my normal views.  A bit out of my depth.

I appreciate the US intervention in WWII and salute members of all armed forces from that country during those times preventing the occupation of the Japanese of northern Australia. I certainly do.

If a threat to our soil occurred again I am sure the yanks would intervene and the feeling on the ground here is reciprocal. 

If Aust sent troops to Ukraine I would question the value in that whether ground or air support.  Ukraine isn't our concern.  New Guinea, The Solomons, Tonga, Fiji and to a lesser extent, New Zealand are and each of those countries would defend their respective nations tenaciously and the Pacific is our backyard. 

I say let Europe decide it's own fate.  They have done so politically and economically in the recent past.  Don't do a Napoleon, US.  Defend by all means your geographical and demographic needs locally but not political and personal in Europe.  Sure, NATO,  that is an agreement but for F'sake it's not the be all and could be the end all.  Let Ukraine and Europe decide it's fate.  

In saying that there is the ANZUS treaty.  This assures our nations down-under would receive US assistance in any case.  We appreciate that and would respond in kind however little that assistance is. 

Now, simply put from my thoughts are - US has no need to intervene in another Korea, Vietnam or Afghanistan for that matter where a percentage of the locals stabbed you in the back killing a large number of your soldiers.  Ukraine is no different.  Made up of a lot of Russian sympathisers.  Don't send your armed forces into a conflict that will slaughter your men and women for a personal cause no less the casualties on the other sides. 

Russia is playing the politics of "Come in Spinner" and gauging US response.  Don't play the game of "Two up" as you would surely lose.  By all means bet on those who have got your back but in this case it might be "Yeah,,,,Nah."

Meanwhile.

My input, place your trust in those that have "Got yer back" and would not knife it.

Bally

Excellent post, in my opinion, and mirrors my thoughts on the matter.

The Ukraine is not our problem, nor our business. it's not a NATO member, and not in our baliwick. BidenHarris is sending troops to NATO members that border the Ukraine, but not into the Ukraine itself. I personally think he is doing that to Bear-Bait the Russians into a war. if Putin is smart, he won't take that bait.

It does concern me a bit that John Titor said the Russians nuked DC in March, 2015. Now, we are already a ways beyond 2015, but so far a number of his "predictions" have come true, Just a little later than he predicted, and if it's so that we are simply on a slightly different worldline, then it's still a possibility given the current state of affairs.

Now for me, I don't worry so much. I know how to predict and survive the fallout. But if it occurs, then a large number of Americans will simply cease to exist, or be taken out in the following Civil War. But that's all for a potential future, and what we have to handle is the here and now. We can't take predictions to the bank. They may never be.

I'm banking on Putin being smarter than BidenHarris gives him credit for. That's our only hope, really, since the US population by and large are being led around by their noses to whatever conclusion the mainstream media and social media instructs them to arrive at, and that ain't a good thing in the long run if Putin winds up being dumber than I give him credit for. The American proletariat will push for war, because they are being told to. That leaves it up to Putin to "just say no."

I actually met him briefly several years ago, when he was on a security detail on the opposite team from the one I was on. He struck me as a very dangerous man, but not a stupid one. But then dangerous people are seldom stupid. Stupid gets them killed young, and then they ain't dangerous any more. No, I doubt that he remembers me. You only remember them after they get into the spotlight, and I have studiously avoided that. I'm just another face in an endless crowd to him.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'll take this juncture to add some thoughts and quote your paragraphs as reference.

Excellent post, in my opinion, and mirrors my thoughts on the matter.

"The Ukraine is not our problem, nor our business. it's not a NATO member, and not in our baliwick. BidenHarris is sending troops to NATO members that border the Ukraine, but not into the Ukraine itself. I personally think he is doing that to Bear-Bait the Russians into a war. if Putin is smart, he won't take that bait."

Ukraine is Ukraine's problem and to a lesser extent European and Russian.  What is Biden shoring up here?  A relationship with a country that, really, is mostly made up of Russians and expat Russians. (same with Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan in ethnicity)  NATO should pull it's head in.  All I wish for the states is to stop treating your troops as cannon fodder for a political ideology that you can't possibly resolve with conflict causing death.

I tend to consider that Putin is baiting Biden with a cavalier "Bring it on" Old Biden has taken the bait and is struggling with the consequences.  What is Biden protecting?  I think the world knows that inclusive of Putin.

"I'm banking on Putin being smarter than Biden/Harris gives him credit for." 

Of course he is smarter.  Presently all he has done is manoeuvre troops.

"He struck me as a very dangerous man, but not a stupid one. But then dangerous people are seldom stupid. Stupid gets them killed young, and then they ain't dangerous any more. "

No more dangerous than other leaders with their finger on the button.  His death would come at a price.  He strikes me as not being stupid enough that he wouldn't cover his arse, but, like Biden, wouldn't cover the rear ends of front lines and evidently your constituents.  I've said it before, "Cannon Fodder."

I said it in a previous text, US should look after the United states interests basically at a Geographical and Demographical level.  Forget Ukraine.  Pull out and save your assets to protect your country and those that are true allies.  The type of allies that won't shoot you in the back while you are assisting foreign troops.

My regards,

Bally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Deploys 3,000 Troops To NATO “Eastern Flank” Countries - by Bally002 - 02-03-2022, 09:02 AM