Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person
(08-14-2020, 10:20 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: Really? President and his family are voting by mail.  I never cease to be amazed by human fealty. Pwned is a bad for look for anyone. Forget anything  and everything else, he is destroying the rule of law. The one that protects me and you.  How did we get to the point that someone can lie straight up 95 percent of the time and the minion that pass themselves off as erudite and educated citizens feel that's okay and eat the pablum like it's actual sustenance? Doom is in the air and the wheels are coming off this wagon. I feel we'll be stranded very soon, regardless of which brand of tool is in the box, it's gonna be beyond fixing.

I'm at a loss to understand this post. How is this "destroying the rule of law"? last time I checked, the law is that US Citizens are allowed to vote in US elections. This is a statement that... US Citizens can vote in US elections. I'm not seeing the damage to "the rule of law" there. Please help me understand what on Earth you mean by this.

I see doom too, but I believe in my very core that it is a different doom than the one you see. More viewpoints make a more well-rounded and informed person, so I would like to figure yours out for my own edification and education.

With that said, I don't really know how to take this pronouncement from Fauci. He's been batting zero for months now, which is quite an accomplishment in light of the utterly contradictory statements he has been putting out - first one thing, then the diametric opposite. No one knows which way to jump when "leadership" waffles that much.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person - by Ninurta - 08-14-2020, 11:28 PM