Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A SWATTING death has occured
This is very sad that this happened. 

Just so you know, the cop is stating that the man came to the door and did obey orders to put his hands up when commanded to do so, but then put them back down. He was again commanded to raise his hands and he again obeyed, but then put them down again... (I guess assuming the order was a temporary thing to show he had no weapons) 

He was ordered once more to put his hands up, but the officer then shot him thinking he had gotten a weapon from his pants at that point... seeing what wasn't there because he was expecting to see a weapon (per phone call) 

There is a lot of confusion when cops come like that, the home owner  (in this case the dead man ) doesn't have a clue what's going on, the cops don't have a clue what's going on and every one is thinking the wrong thing... 

When we first moved to our current state we were staying for a short time with my SIL and swat showed up at the house we were in instead of the correct house, which was next door. 

I automatically assumed one thing, that someone had seen my husband and assumed incorrectly that we had broken in and were possibly robbing the house - why did I assume that? Because it was the ONLY logical reason for the cops to be there... 

Second, I assumed they would see my husband's gun as a means to rob the house - and he went out armed thinking someone was about to break into the house and he went out in the face of large swat team in order to protect us - not realizing a large swat team was even there... he assumed one person breaking in. 

I realized it was police too late, he realized it was police too late, and I so ran out wanting to protect HIM - and the cops thought he was a mentally disturbed individual with a felony warrant who was causing problems enough for his family to call the cops on him. 

Yet...  every single person present was wrong in what they assumed... it ended well, thank God, but it could have all gone just as wrong, especially when my husband caught them all by surprise coming out armed before they had a chance to bust down doors and raid the house. And then of course me coming out after screaming its our GD house, while trying to throw myself in front of him to protect him from flying bullets.. (and yes I know that part was crazy but no one is going to shoot my husband if I have anything to say about it)

So, anything can happen in those kinds of situations, and I'm not exactly sure we can blame the cops.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A SWATTING death has occured - by Wallfire - 12-30-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: A SWATTING death has occured - by Wallfire - 12-30-2017, 10:06 PM
RE: A SWATTING death has occured - by Grace - 12-31-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: A SWATTING death has occured - by Wallfire - 12-31-2017, 12:14 AM
RE: A SWATTING death has occured - by Grace - 12-31-2017, 02:40 PM
RE: A SWATTING death has occured - by Wallfire - 12-31-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: A SWATTING death has occured - by Grace - 12-31-2017, 02:53 PM