Rogue-Nation3
Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Thread: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line (/thread-9217.html)

Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-25-2022

I found this very interesting.

If you look at Florida, the area in the middle that is the darkest, is where I live. We have electricity out here in the woods, but it is not uncommon for it to go out, and the longest it has been out, during the time I have lived out here, is three months. Living in the dark is not all that bad.

Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - Snarl - 09-25-2022

(09-25-2022, 06:07 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I found this very interesting.

If you look at Florida, the area in the middle that is the darkest

Darkest is subjective and there's a lot of 'middle' to that peninsula. If you're talking Ocala, we were once (likely) neighbors. Then there's The Green Swamp and Kissimmee Lakes.

Three months without electricity??? tinywhat   That's an eternity.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-25-2022

(09-25-2022, 06:29 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Darkest is subjective and there's a lot of 'middle' to that peninsula. If you're talking Ocala, we were once (likely) neighbors. Then there's The Green Swamp and Kissimmee Lakes.

Not Ocala proper, but close.

It is funny how quickly you get used to being to without electricity. The only thing I can say that I really missed was the A/C. But we had a strong wind and with the front porch door open and the back porch door open, the cross breeze was heavenly.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-25-2022

If you look at Florida, the area in the middle that is the darkest, is where I live. We have electricity out here in the woods, but it is not uncommon for it to go out, and the longest it has been out, during the time I have lived out here, is three months. Living in the dark is not all that bad.

Interesting vid. Whoa, no electric for 3 months!! Hasta la vista, baby, I'm outta here. When SHTF can I be on your team? LOL. I'd probably survive, but would be in absolute misery.

North Africa becomes the world's food supply and America becomes the Sahara.

Next: Water wars

98th meridian west Map

Texas has a 98th Meridian Foundation

My grandparents lived down in Inverness for a number of years. After my grandpa died, grandma moved to Ocala. Small world, eh.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - Ninurta - 09-25-2022

Where I live is a microcosm, a less severe example of the same principle. I live on the eastern slope of Copper Ridge/Sandy Ridge - same ridge, just different names for the southern and northern halves of it.

The ridge creates a rain shadow, although a less pronounced one than the western mountains with their greater height produce. Still, the effect can be seen, with areas to the west of it getting more rain from the Gulf Coast that doesn't make it to the eastern slope. Floral diversity is a little greater to the west. For example, magnolias grow over there where they do not grow over here. We may get a light flood, when Buchanan County to the west is getting swamped underwater, and folks start trying to figure out how to build an ark.

See, that ridge is high enough that it pushes incoming prevailing winds from the west high enough to push them up into cooler layers of air, where the moisture is squeezed out of them as rain, which falls on the western side.

Even at that, we are still in the top 5 most biodiverse regions in the world. I think we are in 3rd place, just behind the Amazon basin and the Congo basin. They even made a state park at the Pinnacle in Russell County (on Clinch River, at the bottom of the eastern slope of Copper Ridge), seizing bunches of acres, just to protect one dinky little plant that grows nowhere else on Earth.

The western states are going to run into trouble, and are already seeing the beginning of it. Too many people drawing water out of dwindling resources and depleting them, not to mention the massive irrigation necessary to grow anything there, further depleting the resources. Even in pioneer days, before the overpopulation of the area, people referred to the high plains as a "desert". How much worse now, with far more people competing for the same amount of resources, and other, but adjacent areas (I'm looking at YOU, Southern California) stealing the resources from other folks in order to supply a useless population.

I'm all for booting Southern California out of the US - give it to Mexico or something, since it's mostly Mexican now anyhow - and telling them that if they want a drink of water, they'd best get right on building some desalinization plants on the Pacific, and keep their furry mitts off of other folks' water.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-25-2022

(09-25-2022, 09:12 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Interesting vid. Whoa, no electric for 3 months!! Hasta la vista, baby, I'm outta here. When SHTF can I be on your team? LOL. I'd probably survive, but would be in absolute misery.

98th meridian west Map

My grandparents lived down in Inverness for a number of years. After my grandpa died, grandma moved to Ocala. Small world, eh.

You would very likely survive and once you acclimated, you most likely would not be miserable at all.

I had a small propane stove, a nice breeze, a pond, peace and quiet, and totally in tune with nature.  And it was all free.

To be fully forthright, I was also in walking distance of my Brother, who has a whole house generator. Remaining honest, I really did not spend much time there. My peace and quiet was far more soothing than being in a house with two teens and a spoiled brat.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-26-2022

(09-25-2022, 09:27 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 09:12 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Interesting vid. Whoa, no electric for 3 months!! Hasta la vista, baby, I'm outta here. When SHTF can I be on your team? LOL. I'd probably survive, but would be in absolute misery.

98th meridian west Map

You would very likely survive and once you acclimated, you most likely would not be miserable at all.

I had a small propane stove, a nice breeze, a pond, peace and quiet, and totally in tune with nature.  And it was all free.

To be fully forthright, I was also in walking distance of my Brother, who has a whole house generator. Remaining honest, I really did not spend much time there. My peace and quiet was far more soothing than being in a house with two teens and a spoiled brat.

Yea, you're probably right, but I would miserable for awhile than wan off to a frustrating annoyance. I do have one of those whole house generators that was a blessing this past summer when I lost power for 6 hours. Definitely not cheap and I had to sacrifice a few things to afford it.

Yea, I too would take a dark house over a powered house with teens.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - Snarl - 09-26-2022

(09-25-2022, 08:27 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Does The Yearling bring it closer?

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-26-2022

(09-26-2022, 03:54 AM)Snarl Wrote:

No I was being extremely inclusive when I said close to Ocala. I am spitting distance from  lake Okeechobee.

(09-26-2022, 04:04 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

No I was being extremely inclusive when I said close to Ocala. I am spitting distance from  lake Okeechobee.

Lake Okeechobee is hours from Ocala. Hardly familiar ... but, I been there.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-26-2022

(09-26-2022, 04:10 AM)Snarl Wrote:

Yeah. Everywhere in Florida is hours away from me. 

When it has been raining like is has been, it takes 30 minutes just to get off my dirt road.

(09-26-2022, 04:16 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 04:10 AM)Snarl Wrote:

Yeah. Everywhere in Florida is hours away from me. 

When it has been raining like is has been, it takes 30 minutes just to get off my dirt road.

That's awesome.  My dirt road was less than a 1/4 mile to the highway.  Sometimes a dangerous merge. But, I never made anyone skid either.

RE: Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line - Brotherman - 09-26-2022

It's simple, it is called California the farther you are away from that bullshit the better off you are. Even the religious zealots that would eunuch your ass to make your wimmins into their death cults for lust and power were cast from the eastern democrat cities (bring in Brigham Young nailing your balls to the barn door) all the weird wild and ridiculous moved westward for their drug happy homosexual utopia. If you are somewhere in the middle, you are the safest from over-bearing political higher learning you want, and probably enjoy a life closer to nature and your community. All the strangest and craziest bullshit since this place wasn't a country were cast out and forced into the frontier because people back in the day didn't tolerate quacks and retards. 

Sorry for ranting but yeah the C word is why for most sane people