Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You Can't Blame AI. Stick to Blaming The Devil
I tripped up on this video by accident. It was playing in the background and it caught my interest.

We are living in a time when we are being to taught to embrace AI as an integral part of our future. I thought, like many others, that the selling point was going to be that AI would make better choices, and perform better than humans.

What if that is not true? Personally, my mind always pulls up the rogue AI that eventually develops the mission of destroying mankind, for the good of the planet. Maybe my mind is trying to tell me something.

Quote:Can you teach a machine to be a good person? In this video, Sabrina explores the world of AI ethics and tries to teach a machine to solve the trolley problem. It doesn't go well.

I hope that RN can tolerate me being on call for sixteen hours, two days in a row.

Sorry guys, but if I am blessed with not being called out, that usually means I spend way too much time browsing the internet. My fellow rogues, you guys get stuck with results.

tinyinlove

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-29-2022, 12:16 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I tripped up on this video by accident. It was playing in the background and it caught my interest.

We are living in a time when we are being to taught to embrace AI as an integral part of our future. I thought, like many others, that the selling point was going to be that AI would make better choices, and perform better than humans.

What if that is not true? Personally, my mind always pulls up the rogue AI that eventually develops the mission of destroying mankind, for the good of the planet. Maybe my mind is trying to tell me something.

Quote:Can you teach a machine to be a good person? In this video, Sabrina explores the world of AI ethics and tries to teach a machine to solve the trolley problem. It doesn't go well.

I hope that RN can tolerate me being on call for sixteen hours, two days in a row.

Sorry guys, but if I am blessed with not being called out, that usually means I spend way too much time browsing the internet. My fellow rogues, you guys get stuck with results.

tinyinlove

I don’t know what an AI’s learning would be like but because it’s an AI could you imagine it with an infant mind with power greater then all of mankind’s put together? I imagine as an infant AI it would tend to be cruel because of its curiosity. But hey what the fuck do I know.
The programming for the AI was developed by humans, unless they have AI writing it.

The AI program is a human's interpretation of learning and intelligence and it would only go further from reality as the AI became self-developing by writing it's own codes.

I suspect an AI developed to follow the roles of a living creature, that is survival and reproduction, that it would evolve by natural forces and produce something like a wild animal with basic instincts and little of what most would consider intelligence. If it was AI that is more or less restricted to a digital existence, then it would have even less basic intelligence. Although it may seem pretty smart, it would be some kind of clever facsimile of intelligence IMO.
(04-29-2022, 03:15 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: The programming for the AI was developed by humans, unless they have AI writing it.

The AI program is a human's interpretation of learning and intelligence and it would only go further from reality as the AI became self-developing by writing it's own codes.

I suspect an AI developed to follow the roles of a living creature, that is survival and reproduction, that it would evolve by natural forces and produce something like a wild animal with basic instincts and little of what most would consider intelligence. If it was AI that is more or less restricted to a digital existence, then it would have even less basic intelligence. Although it may seem pretty smart, it would be some kind of clever facsimile of intelligence IMO.

I think that is the huge mistake they made. AI at it's foundation, is just different versions of the way man thinks, so the outcomes or decisions will be nothing more than different possibilities based on ways the man thinks or response.

If AI formed intelligence on it's own, it would be in the best interest of AI, not in the best interest of man.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-29-2022, 03:41 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 03:15 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: The programming for the AI was developed by humans, unless they have AI writing it.

I think that is the huge mistake they made. AI at it's foundation, is just different versions of the way man thinks, so the outcomes or decisions will be nothing more than different possibilities based on ways the man thinks or response.

If AI formed intelligence on it's own, it would be in the best interest of AI, not in the best interest of man.

AI can't form anything on it's own, but let's say it did. What would it think about in a physical setting? It would spend a lot of time analyzing all the data coming in on it's sensory array to determine position, motion, temperature, humidity, sight, sound, scent, etc. Then it would have to sort though all that and determine if there was a need to react to anything, but it won't.

What for? What purpose does any of that serve the AI? If it has no purpose but to sit there, process data and evolve it's processes, it could form all kinds of "thoughts" that would be meaningless data bits even to itself. It would never act to keep itself from harm and to harvest necessary materials and energy from it's environment to repair it's self and eventually reproduce, unless that was part of it's operating system that humans built into it.