Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Be All You Can Be?
Amazing how the Army’s new recruiting commercial is "do you seriously think you will ever have any other opportunity to own a home."

Or retire...

Be All You Can Be (1986) & $17K richer!

John Travolta 1973 US Army commercial/advert

Sidebar: Now, when I joined the Navy it was not because of Ad influence, nor from family, but was from the ATF director of Texas region at the time. He was a good friend of my cousin in Texas who I was living with at the time and I had asked how do I get on your ATF team? He said, do a 4 year tour in the military, preferably with one of the special forces teams and then come see me. Ok, 2 weeks later I joined the Navy and went to SEAL BUDs training and quickly failed the swim & drown test. I was given the option to discharge now or pick another rating in the Navy. Still haven't learned my lesson I chose (unknowingly) the second hardest school which was combat computer electronics, followed by a NSA crypto school with the daily displeasure of strip searches by battle hardened US Marines & their mean mofo guardian dogs, which after 2.5 years I somehow passed and that set me on my career choice, which after I exited the Navy proved to be wise worthy choice. I never spoke to the ATF guy again.

Circling back to the War zone...

Meanwhile, "Phoenix Ghost" what an evocative program name, Air Force.

[Image: H9vfd57.jpg]
https://twitter.com/beverstine/status/15...0011983878

Guessing this was inspired by Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, in which a player can use a drone with similar capabilities.

Quote:Meet ‘Phoenix Ghost,’ the US Air Force’s new drone perfect for Ukraine’s war with Russia

Earlier today, a senior defense official said the new drone “was rapidly developed by the Air Force in response, specifically, to Ukrainian requirements.” However, in a later briefing, Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby walked back that characterization, stating that the Phoenix Ghost was “developed before” Russia’s Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine.

“It was developed for a set of requirements that very closely match what the Ukrainians need right now in Donbas,” he said.

[Image: VqKXLiK.jpg]

The WarZone

Screw it, send them a pallet of Davy Crockett's. (Army training advisors not included)

[Image: 0Ve1m4h.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

I joined the Air Force because they promised they would send me to Nurse Anesthetist School. Once they had me in their grasp, they utilized my shock trauma skills to their advantage, claiming that they would send me to school the moment they got another shock trauma nurse to take my place.

Obviously the other shock trauma nurses were smarter than me and did not join, or they joined and were told the same lie I was told.

Still all in all, I do not regret my time spent in the Air Force. I learned a lot of important lessons.

The first one is, "Don't Ever Trust The Government".

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

You know, I'm not at all sure I want military members to "be all they can be" in light of the possible choices presented to them these days by the "Woke Left" and the current dumbass "woke" Secretary of Defense. I'd really rather they pick ONE thing, some facet of the avocation of warrior, and train incessantly for that ONE thing, forsaking al other bullshit in the quest.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11376]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I first went into the Air Force in 1981.

I fear for our future. . . . 

tinywhat
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
6/68 to 7/77 and could have stayed in as I had friends in high places but...after Nam I was pissed as I always believed if it is worth the sacrifice of young lives to fight then it should be worth winning.

I do not regret serving as I got to do many things I would never have had the chance to do otherwise ... I am just sorry we had to fight for the idiots in charge running the show from their DC puzzle palaces. .
(04-26-2022, 01:36 AM)beez Wrote: I first went into the Air Force in 1981.

tinywhat

I went in a couple of years before you.

minusculebeercheers

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-26-2022, 02:33 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 01:36 AM)beez Wrote: I first went into the Air Force in 1981.

tinywhat

I went in a couple of years before you.

minusculebeercheers
minusculebeercheers
-Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for your service.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/djg4n8Zcx49i/  set up for failure

Next big one I would not be surprised to see some serious fraging and many leadership positions being vacated due to friendly fire ? Shit happens
(04-26-2022, 03:14 AM)Brotherman Wrote: Thanks for your service.

Thanks for yours, youngster!

tinylaughing
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-26-2022, 02:38 PM)beez Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 03:14 AM)Brotherman Wrote: Thanks for your service.

Thanks for yours, youngster!

tinylaughing

Watch who your calling youngster we’ll break our hips in a tussle geezer  minusculebonker
It’s also amazing the army’s new recruiting campaign is dolling out a shit ton of money while experiencing a severe loss of troops especially in the national guard sector due to soldiers not wanting the covid vaccine. I would think it would be cheaper to not pay shit like they always have done and just take covid off of the ingredients list of all the other bullshit you get shot up with while serving. But hey that’s just me what the fuck do I know  minusculebeercheers
(04-27-2022, 12:39 PM)Brotherman Wrote: It’s also amazing the army’s new recruiting campaign is dolling out a shit ton of money while experiencing a severe loss of troops especially in the national guard sector due to soldiers not wanting the covid vaccine. I would think it would be cheaper to not pay shit like they always have done and just take covid off of the ingredients list of all the other bullshit you get shot up with while serving. But hey that’s just me what the fuck do I know  minusculebeercheers

Aye, that and the "woke" bullshit rolling downhill from the newest woke SecDef. They ain't got enough money to get me into a flower-powered "military" like we are developing these days. I doubt they will be able to attract ANYONE who 1) knows what a military is for and 2) is aware of how our military is grown in the opposite direction of that. Not unless they are suicidal.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-28-2022, 09:16 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 12:39 PM)Brotherman Wrote: It’s also amazing the army’s new recruiting campaign is dolling out a shit ton of money while experiencing a severe loss of troops especially in the national guard sector due to soldiers not wanting the covid vaccine. I would think it would be cheaper to not pay shit like they always have done and just take covid off of the ingredients list of all the other bullshit you get shot up with while serving. But hey that’s just me what the fuck do I know  minusculebeercheers

Aye, that and the "woke" bullshit rolling downhill from the newest woke SecDef. They ain't got enough money to get me into a flower-powered "military" like we are developing these days. I doubt they will be able to attract ANYONE who 1) knows what a military is for and 2) is aware of how our military is grown in the opposite direction of that. Not unless they are suicidal.

Perhaps that is what they want, young dumb and suicidal
Another thorn in the side of the professional soldiers is the promoting less senior less qualified people because of their gender or skin color. There were females back in the 90s who should have been washed out of flight school but were told to get them through and graduated no matter how marginal they were. Some died and unfortunately killed others and destroyed aircraft.

Having said that I have flown with many superior female pilots at the airline who were as good as anyone... There were a few though that were very questionable but so were some guys so go figure.