Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green Energy Costs
Every wind turbine has a magnet made of a metal called neodymium. There is over 5500 pounds of it in each of these behemoths. The mining and refining of neodymium is so dirty and toxic it involves repeated boiling in acid, with radioactive thorium as a waste product.

[Image: gIsRo17.jpg]

Quote:Although the master patent used for the vast majority of magnets is held by a Japanese company, China is the most prominent manufacturer of alloys and permanent magnets.

In the past few years, and in line with its industrial strategic plan, Made in China 2025, China has progressively increased its shares in the permanent magnet manufacturing supply chain, thus advancing its control of the high-value steps of all related value chains. In 2014 China already accounted for approximately 80 % of the global permanent magnet manufacturing supply chain, while today it accounts for approximately 90 % (Adamas Intelligence, 2019). Production capacities have also expanded accordingly. In 2014 the total Chinese production capacity was reported to be 130 000 tonnes per year across more than 130 production sites (Roskill, 2015), while in 2018 capacity was approximately 300 000 tonnes, with actual production of 160 000 tonnes of magnets (Bloomberg, 2019).

This increase is partially the result of an expansion of Chinese companies and partially the result of non-Chinese manufacturers moving to China, attracted by lower labour costs and closer access to rare earth suppliers (Roskill, 2015).

Similarly to what happened with extraction and refining companies, a consolidation phase for permanent magnet manufacturers in China is currently taking place, leading to a few major companies dominating the
production landscape. While rare earth mines are mostly concentrated in the north and south of China, permanent magnet producers are mostly located on the east coast of the country, closer to its major ports.

Rare earth elements, and specifically neodymium, praseodymium, neodymium and terbium, will play a role in the future of climate actions and the green transition. Although wind turbines and electric vehicles account for only 10 % of the total demand for these elements, they can greatly influence future supply/demand balances, especially as they are key to many political strategies. Thus, future trends will not be based only on market dynamics.

While the whole world is currently dependent on China for the extraction and processing of rare earths, this could change in the near future, with Canada and Australia emerging as alternative locations for mining. This may lead to positive diversification of the market and in the long term could help to establish more and more steps of the value chain outside China.
Excerpt taken from The role of rare earth elements in wind energy and electric mobility

Former London banker Alexander Pohl worked for years for one of the world's greenest banks. Idealistically driven he financed big wind and solar farms genuinely convinced he was making the world a better place.

Gradually he woke up to the fact that today's green is a broken system. He gave up banking and emigrated with his family to his little forest paradise in remote, northern Sweden.  The dream was to get back to Nature, start an eco-farm and put as much distance as he could between his family and the industrialization of nature.

Until... A wind park was planned at the gates of his paradise garden.

Documentarian Poels and Alexander Pohl are taking the journey together to ask questions and unravel the green wonderland to its true core...

Headwind "21 [Documentary] (Excellent docu)

Headwind website

'Safe' small Neodymium Magnets are in all Smartphones. (Safe for the phone) including EVs to childrens toys. Most of the world's commercial neodymium is mined in China. However, according to the US Geological Survey, Greenland holds the largest reserves of undeveloped rare-earth deposits, particularly neodymium. Gave me a flashback when Trump 'jokingly' wanted to buy Greenland.

[Image: SMkYRT6.jpg]
Neodymium

Types of Wind Turbine Generators and their Functions

AND...the major producers of those 'bird blenders' is China & people like Biden & other politicians are heavily invested in the manufacturers. Also, if anyone believes they save anything they should read this...

How Many Birds Are Killed by Wind Turbines?

Yeasssss, Green energy will be our savior. tinyok
When gas ages like a white wine, it becomes less expensive. America is doomed!, if this is the status quo.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

You are absolutely correct, The myth that Green energy is saving the Planet is a LIE!

You don't want to get caught throwing away Lithium Ion batteries from your Electric car. That is a REAL Earth Killer.
Or Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries, those are very dangerous to soil, water and creature and the Air, but Fossil Fuels are Bad, Such Bull-Shit.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-16-2022, 08:16 PM)guohua Wrote: You are absolutely correct, The myth that Green energy is saving the Planet is a LIE!

You don't want to get caught throwing away Lithium Ion batteries from your Electric car. That is a REAL Earth Killer.
Or Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries, those are very dangerous to soil, water and creature and the Air, but Fossil Fuels are Bad, Such Bull-Shit.

Indeed!! From toxic chemical dumps to nuke waste all over and soon 'Green' toxic wastelands. I'll bet Elon has a plan...sigh.

Placebo - "Life's What You Make It" - filmed at Agbogbloshie in Accra, Ghana, the site of one of the world's largest electronic waste dumps.

I was totally oblivious to this toxic dump until I came across this music vid. Mother Earth is one day going to lash back with a vengeance that may rival the last ice age.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.