Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What You Deserve
I am sitting here in the dark, fifty four minutes before noon in Florida. It is pouring rain, black as night. So I am feeling super lazy, though I am on call, and it is exactly this kind of weather that usually guarantees I will get called out.

To kill the ennui, I did something really out of the norm for me. I turned on the TV. The first thing I was hit with was a ton of commercials. Okay to be fair, it was set to Comet TV, so what else would I expect, along with the cheesy, super old movies?

This Medicare commercial came on four times. I swear this is not an exacerbation. Four times before proceeding with the movie, and all I can tell you about the commercial, is that it kept saying something about "getting what you deserve". For some reason this caused a glitch in my brain function, and the fly wheel ran amok.

It got me thinking. It created a question in my psyche that I am sure has no simple, or concrete answer. What do I deserve?

Think about if for a quick second. Don't answer with a knee jerk response. Really, take a few seconds. Think about it. What do you deserve?

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Scary   tinybighuh
Did they do an Subliminal message like......[Image: 200.webp?cid=ecf05e47tmfjor03l5ww0purs9i....webp&ct=g] Next it will be showing you commercial of how nice living in a FEMA Camp will be.
ALL your needs and Wants taken care of by the Deep State and YOU stand in the corner and Drool.

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47rqg5ao0s0t4jeljyf....webp&ct=g]  Sorry I got a little carried away,,, probably and well meaning a informative Commercial! tinysure
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-15-2022, 08:21 PM)guohua Wrote: Scary   tinybighuh
Did they do an Subliminal message like......[Image: 200.webp?cid=ecf05e47tmfjor03l5ww0purs9i....webp&ct=g] Next it will be showing you commercial of how nice living in a FEMA Camp will be.
ALL your needs and Wants taken care of by the Deep State and YOU stand in the corner and Drool.

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47rqg5ao0s0t4jeljyf....webp&ct=g]  Sorry I got a little carried away,,, probably and well meaning a informative Commercial! tinysure

Indeed they want us all to be sucking at the tit. It is easy to control people when they depend on you for their sustenance.

• minusculebeercheers 

I deserve honesty from those I choose to associate with.
I deserve only that which I can gain by my own hands. Anything else is a gift, and all gifts are suspect, since nearly all of them have hidden strings attached.

Especially when they are gifts from strangers who have no rational motive for giving me anything at all.

Those are the worst.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-16-2022, 10:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I deserve only that which I can gain by my own hands. Anything else is a gift, and all gifts are suspect, since nearly all of them have hidden strings attached.

Especially when they are gifts from strangers who have no rational motive for giving me anything at all.

Those are the worst.

It seems we may have something else in common.

I too believe what you deserve is determined solely by "you". What you deserve is self generated and has very little to do with anyone but yourself.

What you merit, or what you earn, may generate some intervention or action by others.

Not so much with, what you deserve.

Just my way of looking at things.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-15-2022, 04:28 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am sitting here in the dark, fifty four minutes before noon in Florida. It is pouring rain, black as night. So I am feeling super lazy, though I am on call, and it is exactly this kind of weather that usually guarantees I will get called out.

To kill the ennui, I did something really out of the norm for me. I turned on the TV. The first thing I was hit with was a ton of commercials. Okay to be fair, it was set to Comet TV, so what else would I expect, along with the cheesy, super old movies?

This Medicare commercial came on four times. I swear this is not an exacerbation. Four times before proceeding with the movie, and all I can tell you about the commercial, is that it kept saying something about "getting what you deserve". For some reason this caused a glitch in my brain function, and the fly wheel ran amok.

It got me thinking. It created a question in my psyche that I am sure has no simple, or concrete answer. What do I deserve?

Think about if for a quick second. Don't answer with a knee jerk response. Really, take a few seconds. Think about it. What do you deserve?

Every damn thing i've worked for, and everything i've lost because of the stupid things i did.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Other aspects i could touch on but won't go into.
[Image: TWBB.png]