Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The United States of Arms
Illustration of global US/USSR/Russia arms exports over the past 70 years.

[Image: bDcqIq8.jpg]

Arms Sales: USA vs. Russia (1950-2017)

Cool visualizer map video with apropos music tracks. Watch the pie graph at left as the Arms progress through the years and note what happens after the fall of the USSR and then after 9/11 Russia makes a comeback.

Top recipients through the decades...France was #1 in the 50s, Germany was #1 in the 60s, Iran #1 in the 70s, Japan #1 in the 80s & 90s, South Korea in 2000s, and Saudi Arabia 2010-2017, SA is probably still #1 with Australia a close second.

[Image: tCBpBSc.jpg]

The United States of Arms

Data source is from STOCKHOLM INTERNATIONAL PEACE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, SIPRI Arms Transfers Database. Db does not account for secret arms deals, nor small arms or light weapons, nor target drones.

Perfectly normal.

[Image: aGNAlLG.jpg]

[Image: vzAcDeu.jpg]

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent follows down-on-his-luck actor Nicolas Cage as he accepts a $1 million invitation to the home of the #1 Cage superfan, an unhinged, billionaire arms dealer.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Except for the AK-47 variants I would think the Russian arms sales (their stuff is cheaper than the over priced American stuff) is taking a rather large unfavorable hit from the ineffectiveness of their weapons in Ukraine.
I keep waiting for some of the gazillion arms flowing all over the planet to make their way to my house.

I won't tell anybody. Honest. I won't discriminate either. French made, Russian made, Turkish made... It's good with me.