Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Price of gas is heading into insane territory!
Let us share the crazy price of regular unleaded gas in our areas and how insane the price changes are.

In exactly one week's time (from last Monday to today) the price of regular unleaded went from $3.49 to $4.25 in our neck of the woods and could be higher before the day is done.

The price of diesel in the same time period went from $2.89 up to $4.79- 4.99.

I refuse to even look at the higher octane gasolines anymore.

At this rate we are liable to hit that $7.00 per gallon that Trump warned us we'd get if Biden got elected before the end of the month!
Love him or hate him that mean Tweeting MF'er was right!

What are the gas prices looking like wherever you are?
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I've not bought any gas in a couple of weeks, because I never go anywhere to burn any, but next time I go out to the Big City with thee Bright Lights, I'll make notes.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Just found out that down in deep SE Texas- a place surrounded by gas and oil refineries -where I have actually worked and many of my family members still do- the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gas is $3.73 today. It is usually one of the cheapest areas in the country to fill your tank. When I moved to Kentucky 8 years ago and saw how much gas was here I went into sticker shock.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
(03-07-2022, 11:05 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I've not bought any gas in a couple of weeks, because I never go anywhere to burn any, but next time I go out to the Big City with thee Bright Lights, I'll make notes.

Appreciate it! I think it's a good idea to give people an idea of what kind of gas prices they're looking at if they have to go to areas outside of their usual routes and areas.
Yesterday oil was $130 a barrel. This administration is wanting to buy oil from Venezuelan and Iran..which is on top of the 670,000 barrels the USA is buying every day from Russia. Russia is our negotiators with Iran trying to work out a new nuclear deal with them. FUBAR is an understatement.
I filled up the other day

With the Exxon card, it gives you .10 off gallon when you use it 
(I have the app set up and use it via app)

It was $3.39/gal and it knocked off the .10 so it brought it down to 3.29/gal

4 days later, a gallon of gas jumped up to $3.89

I have not looked at the prices since then, I'm scared to. LOL  tinyshocked

It reminds me of when a hurricane comes through and they jack the gas prices up *sigh*

I'll be going to town tomorrow, so I will check out the ongoing price increase  smallnotamused

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I hear it is over $9 a gallon in Germany now.

Here's the thing.  People don't drive less or even carpool when the price goes up.  I guess they just don't have some things that they did before.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(03-07-2022, 07:28 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Let us share the crazy price of regular unleaded gas in our areas and how insane the price changes are.

In exactly one week's time (from last Monday to today) the price of regular unleaded went from $3.49 to $4.25 in our neck of the woods and could be higher before the day is done.

The price of diesel in the same time period went from $2.89 up to $4.79- 4.99.

I refuse to even look at the higher octane gasolines anymore.

At this rate we are liable to hit that $7.00 per gallon that Trump warned us we'd get if Biden got elected before the end of the month!
Love him or hate him that mean Tweeting MF'er was right!

What are the gas prices looking like wherever you are?

Cheapest in my neck of the woods is Costco for unleaded at $3.94.

Shell for mid-grade at $4.07.

Chevron premium  at $4.34.

Unfortunately I would have to drive too far to get the best deals, so I am stuck at having to pay $4.89, unless I have to go into town, then I will be able to get a cheaper rate, if I am already out there.

I drive a hybrid that gets pretty good gas mileage. I normally fill up when I get to a half tank, and that is usually about once a month. This month will be telling, because I have a bunch of classes I have to attend, so I will be on the road a lot.

I will let you know how much damage I get hit with.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Yup, noticed the prices jumped again, to $4.19
And our location is usually on the lower end of pricing compared to other areas around the country

[Image: exxon2.jpg]

At the rate they are going, would not be surprised for it to hit the $6- $7 mark by summer time

Hopefully it will level off and stabilize before then

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Rumor is,
Quote:The Republican Party is going to put up voter registration booths at gas stations in blue states.... 
Brilliant, just brilliant. 
I filled up today and it was 3.78. As I got into town I noticed that those stores have it at 3.84.
Filled up today. By me in the Great North Woods it's $4.10/gallon.

I am totally convinced this level of energy management incompetence has to be intentional. The PSYOP is stunning.
(03-10-2022, 10:11 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Filled up today. By me in the Great North Woods it's $4.10/gallon.

I am totally convinced this level of energy management incompetence has to be intentional. The PSYOP is stunning.

Haven't you heard? BidenHarris says it's not his fault, not due to his mismanagement, but instead it's all Putin's fault!

Which of course begs the question of if that was true, then WHY did BidenHarris allow Putin to have that much control over the US economy? Didn't anyone tell him there is a war on, and in war it's generally speaking a bad idea to give anyone you designate as your enemy total control over your country in time of war?

I realy that BidenHarris has no experience handling adversity, but doesn't he have some generals or something to advise about stuff like that? Or are they all busy at the moment painting tanks pink to conform to the new woke military gender norms?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-11-2022, 02:47 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 10:11 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Filled up today. By me in the Great North Woods it's $4.10/gallon.

Haven't you heard? BidenHarris says it's not his fault, not due to his mismanagement, but instead it's all Putin's fault!

Which of course begs the question of if that was true, then WHY did BidenHarris allow Putin to have that much control over the US economy? Didn't anyone tell him there is a war on, and in war it's generally speaking a bad idea to give anyone you designate as your enemy total control over your country in time of war?

I realy that BidenHarris has no experience handling adversity, but doesn't he have some generals or something to advise about stuff like that? Or are they all busy at the moment painting tanks pink to conform to the new woke military gender norms?

Putin doesn't have that much control over our economy. Last I heard we only imported 3% of our oil and LNG from Russia- not enough to explain the rapid increase in fuel costs.

The worse part about all of this is the steep increase in the cost of diesel fuel.  Most of our goods are shipped in diesel burning vehicles: trucks, trains and even ships. The cost of everything we buy is about to skyrocket like crazy, especially when owner/operators and small time trucking firms start parking their trucks because they can't afford to fuel them any longer.
(03-11-2022, 03:26 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Putin doesn't have that much control over our economy. Last I heard we only imported 3% of our oil and LNG from Russia- not enough to explain the rapid increase in fuel costs.

The worse part about all of this is the steep increase in the cost of diesel fuel.  Most of our goods are shipped in diesel burning vehicles: trucks, trains and even ships. The cost of everything we buy is about to skyrocket like crazy, especially when owner/operators and small time trucking firms start parking their trucks because they can't afford to fuel them any longer.

Are you disputing the word of BidenHarris? Shame on you!

(03-11-2022, 05:19 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 03:26 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Putin doesn't have that much control over our economy. Last I heard we only imported 3% of our oil and LNG from Russia- not enough to explain the rapid increase in fuel costs.

Are you disputing the word of BidenHarris? Shame on you!

Lol! I know... I'm a dirty squirrel!
smallcrackingup

You think it`s expensive in US,  try our price which is double the price you pay smallveryupset smalltappinghead smallupset bigfrightened

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10820]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10821]

globalpetrolprices com

Look at the price in Venezuela..... tinywhat
I need to get a horse. I have plenty of fuel around here for a horse.

Ok. I finally bestirred my raggedy ass to go out to the Big City with the Bright Lights.

The closest gas station to me, a little mom and pop shop out here in the boonies where I usually get my gas, had it for 4.15.9 a gallon for regular. Every single station for the next 20 miles was at the same price of 4.19.9 for regular unleaded.

They were ashamed to post their prices for mid-grade on their signs, but upon closer investigation it seems to be around 4.52.9 most places. I never discovered the price of high-test (which now has an octane that was, back in the day, considered mid-grade). Diesel was running anywhere between 5.58 and 5.99 a gallon.

So I filled up on the return trip at my usual mom and pop shop. They have gone to "prepay" because of the outrageous price of gas. Used to be, they turned the pump on when you pulled up to the pump, and you didn't pay until you were done pumping. I went inside to just leave a fistful of cash with the clerk and go back out to fill up, with intent to go back and rake back what cash was left over, but she saw me and turned the pump on anyhow. It pays to be recognizable some times.

That "gas" is only about 90% gas and 10% moonshine, but my car is a hillbilly car, so running on moonshine is right up her alley. We got back home with minimal stagger out of the car - she's a real trooper!

The average cost of diesel in Arizona is $5. a gallon and unleaded is $4.85 a gallon.

The highest  ever paid for Diesel during the Trump Administration was $2.59 at Costco here.

We were in San Diego Ca. last week and paid $5.90 for Diesel.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]