Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dumbbell Democrats all try to claim that Social Security is Dependent on the Post Off
Thumbs Up 
Obama and some other high profile liars have been claiming that Social Security is dependent on the Post Office.

Fact is, something like 98% of Social Security "checks" are direct deposit and never "in the mail".

This all comes right after Trump announced he was "relieving" payroll taxes and later wants to fund SS and Medicare A from general revenues.

Most Democrats are BS'ing the gullible by claiming the SS dependence as well as some kind of "defunding".

All just bitter jealousy on display by the Seahorse Democrats !! tinylaughing

[Image: giphy.gif]
Quote:Barack Obama and a number of other Democrat officials have falsely claimed that senior citizens depend on the United States Postal Service to receive their social security checks.

Claim: “Everyone Depends on the USPS. Seniors for their Social Security,” Obama said in a tweet.

LINK-->  Fact Check: Barack Obama Falsely Claims Seniors Depend on Post Office for Social Security

[Image: Kamala-LOL-Joe.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
I’m confused. I thought people were worried that with getting rid of the payroll tax, that there would be nothing to pay for Social Security. As I understand, getting it from the general fund wouldn’t work. So I think more people are worried about losing their Social Security. I know if it weren’t for my hubby’s SS, I’d be up shit creek without a paddle.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
President Trump isn't going to leave the elderly without their social security for later years.  I don't lose any sleep over this because I know if he removes payroll taxes, he's got something else probably even better to replace it.
And those 401Ks are only going UP under his leadership.
(08-15-2020, 12:37 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I’m confused. I thought people were worried that with getting rid of the payroll tax, that there would be nothing to pay for Social Security. As I understand, getting it from the general fund wouldn’t work. So I think more people are worried about losing their Social Security. I know if it weren’t for my hubby’s SS, I’d be up shit creek without a paddle.

The only people claiming SS is going away are Democrats. Nobody else.  tinycool

And yes, Congress can fund SS and Medicare any way they want.  tinybigeyes
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
Grace gets SS Disability. None of it has gone away. Nothing the Postal Service can or cannot do can make it go away. The postal Service is not involved in her disability - she gets a direct deposit. No checks are mailed to her.

My mom is on Social Security. She gets a direct deposit, too. So does her husband. No checks are mailed to them, either.

Current payroll taxes should not matter to folks already on SS - the system was set up so that the taxes recipients paid in were supposed to be invested and gain from that. They should be gaining their current payments from the investments on their (Social Security) payroll taxes... assuming that Congress didn't steal those taxes.

Congress didn't steal or misappropriate those taxes, now did they? If they did, they need to make good on that theft out of THEIR pensions. We can call it "restitution".

How clueless does Obama have to be to not know this? Didn't he attempt to run the gummint once or twice? No wonder he was an unsuccessful failure - he don't know how it works!

fear mongering whiny babies!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

My husband has direct deposit for his SS and Federal Retirement and IRA.

Just Democrat scare tactics, they think people are so damn stupid, yes some are, but we need to wing them off the MSM Tittes! [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47z322vdxckysn6zweqe...=giphy.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Shouldn't these yahoos in DC be more worried about SS going broke? After all, they are the ones who dug the hole with their stupidity.
Quote:Do you know where your Social Security taxes are? Some of them went to pay for the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and Museum in Fort Worth, Texas.
The same monies helped the State Historical Society of Iowa in Des Moines pay for the development of exhibits for the World Food Prize.
And we should all be happy that some of our Social Security surplus funded a study of mariachi music for the Clark County (Nevada) School District.

As we know by now, Social Security is facing many problems that will require long‐term, comprehensive reform. But before a doctor operates on a patient, the first step is to stop the bleeding.
And the first step toward Social Security reform should be to stop Congress from spending Social Security money on anything except workers’ retirement.

The basic problem is that the way Social Security is currently set up, workers don’t own their Social Security funds.

Because workers don’t own their money, Congress treats that money like its own: free to spend on whatever the members choose.
And spend it they do, on everything from the war in Iraq to the International Fertilizer Development Center. In return, the Social Security Trust Fund is given a bond, essentially an IOU, which will eventually have to be repaid out of future taxes.

It’s the ultimate insult. Congress spends our Social Security taxes then expects us to pay more taxes to repay its borrowing. To date, Congress has borrowed and spent more than $1.7 trillion of Social Security taxes. This year it will borrow another $60 billion.
This has been going on for more than 20 years, under both Democratic and Republican administrations.

Members of both parties have resisted all attempts to keep their hands out of the Social Security cookie jar.
Quote:In fact, some seem to be proud of what they are doing. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi says, “There’s nothing wrong with Social Security lending money with the prospect of returning it … There is a surplus in Social Security, and under the law Social Security can lend that money to the government for other purposes.”

As long as politicians have that attitude, the only real way to keep Congress from spending Social Security taxes is to get that money out of Washington.

If Congress is going to insist on spending like a drunken sailor, then it’s time for an intervention.
Now, Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC), Representatives Paul Ryan (R‐Wisc.), Sam Johnson (R‐Tex.), and others have proposed legislation to put the whole federal government back on the wagon.

That’s bad news for Mississippi catfish health research, but it’s good news for Social Security reform.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]