Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dragon Caught on Tape in China?
This video has acquired over 611,587 views on YouTube in just a few days.  Is this evidence that dragons or pterodactyls are still living on Earth?

Hoax?

Could this be a parallel universe from an earlier time bleeding through into our present day caused by CERN?

What do you think?

Quote:Published on Oct 16, 2016

A man in China took footage of this giant mysterious flying creature that was spotted near the border of Laos. Many theories have emerged with some claiming the creature is a real dragon that was caught on tape and others saying it provides evidence that pterodactyls still exist. Is this a dragon or a pterodactyl caught on tape? What do you think?

https://youtu.be/bTeL8zZjNSA

You can learn about dragons and other mythical beasts on a show on Coast to Coast a.m. that aired on February 24, 2004 with guests, Jonathan Downes and Richard Freeman of The Centre for Fortean Zoology

Quote:Richard Freeman believes that the mythology of the dragon is, in fact, based on a real creature. He noted that every culture has a legend about such a creature, going as far back as 25,000 years ago. He theorized that dragons may have been able to fly or float in the air, because of the large amount of gas they contained.

Coast to Coast a.m. Show
I saw this elsewhere and it blew my mind. It looks so real! If it is a fake, someone did one hell of a good job! If it is real...well, I don't think I could wrap my mind around it being real. Awesome vid!!!!!!! minusculebeercheers
(10-21-2016, 07:57 PM)Night Star Wrote: I saw this elsewhere and it blew my mind. It looks so real! If it is a fake, someone did one hell of a good job! If it is real...well, I don't think I could wrap my mind around it being real. Awesome vid!!!!!!! minusculebeercheers

Yes, they did a really good job, if it is a fake. 

I won't rule it out because something like this has been spotted by too many people over the years. Surely, not all of them are lying. 
Why would they want to say such a thing when it would only make them sound crazy?

I experienced something similar myself.  I can't say what it was; either a pterodactyl, or the New Jersey Devil.  Dang it, I wished I'd had the nerve to look out the window when I was a kid so I wouldn't have been wondering all these years.   tinywondering
I heard stories as a little girl and a young woman of children and small women and old men being taken by a dragon from the fields they worked.
Early morning or evening just at dusk.

I don't know if it true or not, no one even mentioned finding the bones or a pile of Defecation (Poop) with people parts in it.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Been several sightings of dragons in china in recent years ..... have pics somewhere from 03 that took on mobile in shenzen of dragon that appeared there ..... bunch of people saw it was three days in row they appeared in evening ..... an yes was sober when saw it ...... beergirl dropped my beer that just ordered ..... after shock wore off she got me another beer ..... at time some posted pics online there ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(10-22-2016, 04:22 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Been several sightings of dragons in china in recent years ..... have pics somewhere from 03 that took on mobile in shenzen of dragon that appeared there ..... bunch of people saw it was three days in row they appeared in evening ..... an yes was sober when saw it ...... beergirl dropped my beer that just ordered ..... after shock wore off she got me another beer ..... at time some posted pics online there ......
Please do, Not of the Beer Girl,,,,, The Dragon!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Not a pterodactyl. The wing structure is wrong. Pterodactyl wings had one elongated pinky finger that supported the leading edge of the wing, and the rest of the fingers forward in a hand, The wings on this critter are more like bat wings, where the fingers all go back into supporting the wing.

Maybe a draygun.

The one in PA may be a thunderbird, since several have been sighted there, and the video is pretty indistinct as to wing structure.

I don't know of any dragons being sighted in the US recently, but there are the Central American tales of Quetzalcoatl/ Kukulcan, the "winged serpent", and several shell gorgets have been unearthed from the Mississippian culture in North America depicting giant rattlesnakes with both wings and horns. The Shawnee had tales of giant horned serpents in eastern North America, and the Cherokees had stories of the Uktena, a giant horned snake. In the mid to late 1500's, a Frenchman from a Huegenot French Settlement of Saint Helena in South Carolina reported an eyewitness account of finding a "winged serpent" in the woods that he claimed to see first hand. He said the indians with him at the time cut it's head off and carried it away for some kind of secret ceremony. I may post a translated quote of his report later.

I'll mention here that the Shawnees arose form the Fort Ancient culture in the Ohio Valley, and the Cherokees arose from the Mississippian Culture of the Mississippi Valley when it crept up the Tennessee River all the way to upper east Tennessee and edging into the southern part of Southwest Virginia.

In Shawnee and Cherokee folklore, these horned serpents were always found near water. The Cherokees still point to a cliff not far from Mystic's stomping grounds that they say had a nest of thunderbirds at the top who were always at war with an Uktena that lived in the river below the cliff. White streaks on the cliff are supposed to be bird droppings from the thunderbirds.

As late as the 1930's or so, there are Shawnee reports of seeing Great Horned Snakes in the woods, usually to be found near water-filled tree stumps. My own dad told me several times of seeing the tracks of a giant snake in West Virginia in the summer of 1941 or 1942, He saw the tracks where it had crawled along muddy logging roads, and said it looked like someone had dragged a 12" stovepipe in a serpentine path up the roads and across them into and out of the woods where he lived.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-22-2016, 07:36 AM)Ninurta Wrote: In Shawnee and Cherokee folklore, these horned serpents were always found near water. The Cherokees still point to a cliff not far from Mystic's stomping grounds that they say had a nest of thunderbirds at the top who were always at war with an Uktena that lived in the river below the cliff. White streaks on the cliff are supposed to be bird droppings from the thunderbirds.

As late as the 1930's or so, there are Shawnee reports of seeing Great Horned Snakes in the woods, usually to be found near water-filled tree stumps. My own dad told me several times of seeing the tracks of a giant snake in West Virginia in the summer of 1941 or 1942, He saw the tracks where it had crawled along muddy logging roads, and said it looked like someone had dragged a 12" stovepipe in a serpentine path up the roads and across them into and out of the woods where he lived.

That's very interesting.  If you don't mind, could you send me a private message and tell me where that cliff is?

A friend of mine that lives close by saw a huge flying creature of some kind flying over her house, I think it was sometime last year. She said she stopped what she was doing and just gazed at it with her jaw dropped because it was so large.  She had never seen anything that huge flying in the sky. She was so shocked, she didn't even think to snap a picture of it; had her cell phone right there in her hand at the time. But that's usually how it goes when a person sees something strange; they're not thinking of getting a picture, they are just in awe trying to process what they see.
She was upset with herself when she realized she missed the opportunity to get a picture.

Wow!  That was a HUGE snake your dad spoke about! How'd you like to run into that thing while hiking through the woods?!   tinywhat
Yup, it was a big snake. Dad swore till the day he died the tale was true, and I've never caught him in a lie about anything else.

When I lived by myself in the woods in North Carolina, I saw a huge bird there twice. Don't know what it was, but it was all black or very dark brown like a golden eagle, and had a heavy black beak. No white on it anywhere, and it's head was feathered like a hawk, not naked like a buzzard. One of the times I saw it, it flew across the tops of two pine trees, and each wingtip brushed one of the pines on either side. I measured the distance between the bases of the pines, and they were just over 12 feet apart, center to center. I saw that bird twice in the same week, and never again. I still don't know what it was, other than huge. Golden eagles top out their wingspan at about 7 feet tip to tip, so if it was one of them (which it did kind or resemble), then it was 5 feet bigger wingtip to wingtip than the largest one on record, not quite twice the size of the biggest one ever recorded. It would probably have stood 4 or 5 feet tall on the ground.

It had feathers, though, so not a bat or dragon. Just a really big bird.

The IM has been sent. I included driving directions that I hope you can find the cliff with.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’