Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon On The Pact - Raw and From The Heart
(07-31-2022, 11:25 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I saw this yesterday. I love Jon Stewart, and I have a lot of respect for his advocacy for veterans. I saw how emotional he got talking about it. I think it's reprehensible that people like Senator Pat Toomey would turn around and vote this bill down. I just can't wrap my head around his and others mentality and their excuses for changing their vote.

Being a Vet, and being a nurse, makes this hit a bit close to home for me.

I like the way he kept saying "I am used to it'. Because so am I. I have worked in and with the Federal, local, county, and State governments my entire working career, and I grew up as a military brat, so nothing the government does, or doesn't do, surprises me any more.

I feel much pain when I think of all of those families and military that believed and trusted that our government would do right by them. I once believed that too, but I learned fairly quickly, that the military is run by the government, and the government is concerned only about power and money. Sacrificing American or military lives, means about as much to them as dropping a penny on the ground. And they would pick up the penny, before they will reach a hand toward the people.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon On The Pact - Raw and From The Heart - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-31-2022, 11:37 PM