Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Democrats should vote for Republicans this midterm
(07-17-2022, 09:16 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I agree with you that voting a straight party ticket is a bad idea. I am flexible when I feel I need to be. And Trump still scares the living shit out of me. I hope and pray neither he nor Biden run again. That would be an epic disaster IMHO.

I'm genuinely curious regarding your fear of Trump. I've asked a lot of Democrats the same thing, but have so far never received a cogent answer beyond "Orange Man just plain bad" - no specifics that would lead them to that conclusion. You could be the first! I found him distasteful and annoying, mostly due to his speech patterns and "mean tweets" (but I also think there was a method to his madness regarding his "tweet trolling"), but he appears to have gotten results in spite of those annoyances. I could find nothing to fear about him, only things to dislike. Certainly nothing to justify the apparently irrational, knee-jerk hatred directed towards him by the Leftmost folks driving the party these days.

I saw, and still view, Hillary as dangerous to the Republic due to her participation and direction of the Clinton crime syndicate, her reaction to things like the Benghazi debacle, and other telltales of a tyrant in search of a war to drag all of the rest of us into with such things as her infamous "Big Red Button" comment insinuating that she was willing to nuke Russia "just because". Those things, in company with her tenure as Secretary of State and her performance in that office (why scrub 30,000 e-mails that should have been part of the public record? What was in them that was so damaging to her? WHY did she feel a need to maintain an illegal and insecure e-mail server?) did not leave me with an easy feeling that she was capable of running a nation impartially, openly, or even sanely. If she couldn't manage to run a single department of a government without introducing criminal behavior, how could we expect her to run that entire government cleanly?

I'm with you on the notion of voting vets into office, with a caveat. Most veterans possess a discipline and self-control not found in the general political population. However, while that adds weight, there are some veterans who have no business in politics, as they are more politician than veteran. Dan Crenshaw comes to mind. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, despite the fact that he gave an eye for his country. He, in company of some other Republicans, like Mitch McConnell, has no political backbone. They are opportunists that blow whichever way the political winds of money move them.

Lindsay Graham is another political opportunist I do not trust in the least. The only thing he is consistent about is his eagerness to send OTHER FOLKS kids to die for King and Country just so that he and his MIC buddies can rake in the dough. Most "national security" issues that politicians will touch are not about national security at all - they are just ways those folks think they can rake in money. The current Ukraine situation is just one such instance.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Democrats should vote for Republicans this midterm - by Ninurta - 07-17-2022, 10:01 PM