Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exorcists are Suffering Burnout as Number of Possessed People Rises
Here's a little interesting article I came across a while ago. Supposedly exorcists are suffering from overwork and burnout due to the sharp increase in possessions these days.

Quote:It’s a rare worker who doesn’t complain about burnout, but most people don’t often lump Catholic priests into the category of ‘workers’. However, one group of priests claim they are suffering from having too many ‘customers’ and not enough support from their boss. No, not THAT boss – the bishops in Catholic dioceses around the world who these priests say don’t give them the backing they need to do their jobs … as exorcists.

My personal opinion is that this is not entirely unexpected. Many of us who believe that we are perhaps experiencing "End Times" phenomena are of a belief that as the clock winds down evil will run amok in the world and demonic possession is a part of that. Even if you aren't a believer in biblical prophecy you have to admit that evil in the world seems to be gaining ground. Factor in people who are losing their grip on reality due to all the craziness the past few years who BELIEVE they are possessed and the numbers that must be investigated increase exponentially.

Quote:In addition, misinformation has caused many people infected with COVID-19 to think they’re possessed, or to believe that an exorcism can remove the disease better than medication and treatment can. According to interviews of attendees by The Times of London, the priests say their bishops refuse to bring in more exorcists to help with the workload. It’s worse in some areas – the survey found that Italy has 290 exorcists and Spain has 37, while the UK and Ireland together have only 28 working exorcists, and Manila in the Philippines has only one exorcism office. A little help is on the way – there were 120 attendees taking the course in May.

Link to full article here

One does not necessarily need to be a Christian to believe in possession. At one time I thought that people claiming to be possessed were all mentally ill and even now I feel that the vast majority of cases are exactly that, but after a personal experience I learned that it can and does happen- and now it seems to be happening more frequently. Just my own personal opinion- take it or leave it! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Exorcists are Suffering Burnout as Number of Possessed People Rises - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-06-2022, 04:29 AM