Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Navy scraps NINE anti-submarine warships that cost $3.2 billion
(05-14-2022, 04:45 AM)ChiefD Wrote: The Navy has had all kinds of problems with the LCS class types of ships. There has been a lot of bad publicity over the years on those. In fact, the joke is that LCS actually stands for “Little Crappy Ships”.

And I was in the Navy when it was a 600 ship Navy. It has gone downhill so much, absolutely pathetic.

Retired out of Hawaii. Lots of opportunities to dive recreationally with Air Force and Navy. Mostly dove from shore, but would sometimes float out with a boat from Hickam ... which was where we got our free air. My son ETSd from Fort Campbell and stayed in the Nashville area for several years. While he was out interviewing for a job, a lady asked him if his dad used to dive a lot in Hawaii.  Checked my dive logs and sure enough ...

Got to be pretty good friends with quite a few bubbleheads. They liked 'their navy'  back then ... and especially liked their boats ... lots of pride there.  One of 'em got me a three-day check ride.  Stories for another thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Navy scraps NINE anti-submarine warships that cost $3.2 billion - by Snarl - 05-14-2022, 01:53 PM