Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Navy scraps NINE anti-submarine warships that cost $3.2 billion
(05-14-2022, 04:45 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Unfortunately, I’m not the least bit surprised at this. The Navy has had all kinds of problems with the LCS class types of ships. There has been a lot of bad publicity over the years on those. In fact, the joke is that LCS actually stands for “Little Crappy Ships”. I knew some people who were stationed on those, and they all said that the ships were poorly designed and really shitty. They were supposed to require less of a crew, but with all the problems, they just didn’t work that way. The Navy should have scrapped that program a lot longer ago than now.

And I was in the Navy when it was a 600 ship Navy. It has gone downhill so much, absolutely pathetic.

Quite tragic isn't it Chief.  Countries used to have pride in their navy.  It's all about the money now.  Our navy back in the sixties and seventies, while small, used to punch above it's weight in these waters.  Now, can't even stop a single Chinese ship off our west coast.

Civil contractors on the warships don't know nothing about 'action stations', NBCD or simply saving a ship.  Sucks.

Kind regards,

Bally :

Messages In This Thread
RE: Navy scraps NINE anti-submarine warships that cost $3.2 billion - by Bally002 - 05-14-2022, 08:31 AM