Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
US Navy: 9 suicides in 9 months on the USS George Washington
(05-05-2022, 04:15 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 11:29 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I am convinced more than ever it is critical to raise kids/young adults a certain way in order to make solid adults. That requires a coordinated effort between family, school, church if it's in the picture, and the community. Kids need to be exposed to multigenerational influences. When schools expect nothing of you and teach you nothing, you spend all day on 4Chan, you are not involved with people in the community around you, guess what? You have had zero opportunity to develop important coping skills.

There are many suicides of older service members or people who have just retired or separated. I can speak to this a little. I am having a hard time dealing with people I meet out and about. I am lucky I do not need to work to get by. What passes as "management" at many places is pathetic. No honor, integrity, or humility. I have been re-wired in the military and have no desire to re-re-wire myself to come into phase with what's out in the civilian world. I will smile and be polite but I am not playing the game. I fear some older individuals do not survive this culture shock.

I pray the commander of the ship get's a hold of the situation ASAP but I know he is not the only one struggling to find an answer.

I see this way too often. The problem is not the children, it is our society, and the way their parents have allowed our society to impact and control the children.

The impact of children growing up with more interaction with a virtual world that is nearly pure fantasy, than with actual interaction in the real world, makes for a mind set that cannot process or accept reality.

When I say children I am speaking of folk as old as 28 years old. The level of maturity of most young adults hangs somewhere in the 12 to 13 year old range.

I wish I could tell you about my most recent case. All I can tell you is that it involved a young adult that was very intelligent, but had very poor social skills, was way too trusting of information obtained from the internet, and a distorted view of reality.

The majority of young adults claim a diagnosis of PTSD, depression, anxiety, OCD, and or bi-polar. (1) Almost all of them are on some kind of mood altering drug and has, or has had, an issue with substance abuse.

They are in for a really rough ride, when their parents are no longer alive, or no longer able to provide for them.(2) It is sad what we have done to our children. All because we believed a bunch of lies and garbage poured out from the media, the internet, and a severely corrupt system.

I fear it may indeed soon be TEOTWAWKI, it just seems that it will have an alternate ending.

1. I have been informed by some nameless offspring that "now" is the toughest time there has ever been for a generation. Of course I asked if they could expand on that a little. Provide some evidence of this hardship because now I am curious. There was a litany of C19, lockdowns, inflation, etc. I agreed those are some challenges but what about all the other challenges which generations have faced throughout history? Like world wars, international depressions complete with soup lines, civil strife of the 60's, maybe the civil war in the US, the black plague, Attila the Hun, etc. Nope. None of those things are more hard on young folks. What do you say to that level of .... I don't know what. 

2. I lose sleep over this.  tinysure

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Navy: 9 suicides in 9 months on the USS George Washington - by ABNARTY - 05-05-2022, 10:17 PM