Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
US Navy: 9 suicides in 9 months on the USS George Washington
I honestly believe they need to start drawing down our armed forces and raising the pay of people fit to remain.

I think new physical standards should be established and strictly enforced.  I don't think we need all the Top Brass.

I think if a Service Member is 'put out' their slot should be permanently closed.

I think they need to look at what a unit should consist of (in the Army it was called a TO&E or Table of Organization and Equipment).  If they're falling short, break the unit up and re-distribute the assets.  If a squad of Soldiers consists of less than two complete teams ... If a platoon consists of less than four squads ... cut both the officers and senior NCOs who are supposed to be in charge all the way up through the ranks to the 4-Star level.  Just cut 'em and be done with it.

When you're done cutting you'll have a stronger and more focused workforce.  Anyone fails Anything ... they're gone ... and they won't be around to drag down standards anymore.

All the practice of being diverse ... or the expectation of treating someone with Dignity and Respect (when neither have been earned) ... can go right out the window.  It'll be nothing other than, "Here's the mission.  Let's go accomplish it."

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Navy: 9 suicides in 9 months on the USS George Washington - by Snarl - 05-05-2022, 05:51 PM