Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any suggestions and help appreciated, buying pistol
(04-23-2022, 02:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 01:10 AM)Jinmi Wrote: The sig 365 (im a big fan if Sig though)
Another more economical brand thats made some great pistols lately is Taurus.  The G3 and G4 are great budget weapons.  Their CC, the Gx4, is of the same lineage and worth checking out. 

If finding one is proving difficult, seek Walthers offering.  Im not a fan but they do make quality firearms who dont like much of the more popular models/brands.

Good luck.

Sigs are good guns, but you pay for the Swiss craftsmanship! When I was going to go on a PSD contract in Iraq for the new embassy there, the company contracted was issuing M4's and Sigs for sidearms. They're quality you can count on when the shit gets deep.

Taurus used to have a bad rep for poor quality control, but they've fixed that now. In the late 90's, I had a Taurus PT92 that had a wonky chamber that it wouldn't extract from, right out of the box. The newer one I have now, made in the last 10 years or so, has been flawless, and has never let me down. they are the issue weapons for Brazilian military and police, so they've got to perform. These new ones also have a milled-in Picatinny rail just in front of the trigger guard on the receiver for mounting lasers and flashlights, or a combo laser/flashlight unit, but I've not mounted one to it.

It's the same basic weapon as a Beretta 92 or M9, but with a better safety. the safety is mounted on the slide rather than the frame, and is more natural for me since I cut my teeth on Browning HP-35's. I never was able to get used to having to push the safety UP on a Beretta to fire, but the Taurus has the right safety rotation for me.

It has a lot of good features for the money.

I was certainly sold on em.  Especially when looking at the Springfield XDs and price comparison.  (Yes i was suckered by the cool factor!). Speaking of the newer Taurus.

The Sig is a good jump in price, granted and although the quality does too, some argue its not wortb it.  To that I say whats the price of comfort and more practice time?  Sig also just got a US mil contract for the new squad weapon.  IDK if ill jump that high as im a fan of building my own.  The M17 though isbmy fav however not a good choice for CC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any suggestions and help appreciated, buying pistol - by Jinmi - 04-23-2022, 03:14 AM