Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amazon is a RipOff
You know, Amazon used to be a somewhat cool place to order stuff from, and you could find some good deals.  But not anymore!

Ever since Amazon Prime came out I've been paying attention to prices, and comparing.  Used to be you could get a decent price for Prime items, but there would usually be a bit of a premium (likely the shipping costs being factored in).  Ever since then Amazon prices have steadily crept up.  Lately, prices on Amazon have skyrocketed!

Now, when I compare Amazon to other vendors I see Amazon almost always charging double or even TRIPLE what you can buy the same product for even in a brick and mortar store.  The thing about Amazon of old was you could usually find what you were looking for, and I think they've capitalized on people's laziness (vendors on Amazon, to be clear).  Over about the past year I've gone from just comparing something to an Amazon price to avoiding the place altogether.  I'm actually starting to hate Amazon.

Amazon has always had a lots of Chinese products, but it used to be you could pretty easily spot them.  Now, Amazon intentionally puts a tidal wave of Chinese stuff even before the item you searched on.  So, if you search for a specific brand name it might not even show up on the first page of search results.  It's ridiculous.

I know some people are anti-Amazon, and I get it, but it is convenient, and when you live as far out in the boondocks as we do this convenience translates into real money, especially when you only need a couple things.

Anyway, Amazon sucks now...more than they ever sucked before.  I liked the 'one stop shopping' element of Amazon (still do like the concept), but I'll be damned if I'm gonna' get just stupidly ripped off for items just for that convenience.  I think other people are starting to feel the same way. 

From my perspective, Amazon's days are numbered.  They've lost a great customer in this household, and I probably won't be back.  Once bitten, twice shy, kind of person.

So long, Amazon!

That is all.

Messages In This Thread
Amazon is a RipOff - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-13-2022, 05:24 AM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by DontTreadOnMe - 04-13-2022, 06:05 AM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by senona - 04-13-2022, 06:23 AM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-13-2022, 07:49 AM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by senona - 04-14-2022, 12:17 AM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 04-13-2022, 03:13 PM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by guohua - 04-13-2022, 09:22 PM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by kdog - 04-13-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Amazon is a RipOff - by guohua - 04-13-2022, 11:41 PM