Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have You Seen This
(04-09-2022, 04:18 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: So, do they not respect their parents because the schools are brainwashing them?
The fabric of the American family is that frayed that parents are disrespected?
Do the parents share some of the blame, for trying to be buddies instead of parents, or worse:  they just don't really give a damn?

This is bad.

I've done a fair amount of contemplation and research on this very subject.  I feel it is very important to understand because it is a snapshot of the future to be.  It boils down the the "Old Dog - New Tricks" theme.  In other words, if it doesn't get addressed now, and from all sides, then there truly is a time when it will be "Too late".

I do believe that parents share in some of the responsibility here; not all of it, but certainly some.  I've watched it happen.  As a society, we can find all manner of things to point fingers at as excuses, but at the end of the day they are just that..."excuses".  Too busy.  Two working parents.  More money.  Cost of college.  And there are 10,000 other reasons/excuses.  Many parents (not all) have allowed themselves to be brainwashed, but not with the same indoctrination happening in their kid's schools, rather a different kind.  They have allowed society to convince them that all kids have to be a certain way, that they have to be allowed to "fit in" to their kid-societies.  They've been convinced that to raise them otherwise is wrong and a mistake.  I don't believe this is correct.  All this does is allow the indoctrination their kids are getting in school to take root even deeper, hence their kids loathing of, and disrespect to, them as parents.

My sister, her former husband (now passed) and my Nephew (her son) are all educators, all at the graduate collegiate level.  All have their Doctorate (PhD), and my Nephew has his JD, in addition to his PhD.  (The whole family is well educated, most with post graduate degrees.  I note this only for ability to interpret things.)  So, I've seen the undercurrent in the education system, and this undercurrent is a lack of respect for the intellect of parents in general.  In other words, at the highest levels educators don't believe that parents are qualified to be 'parents'.  It's not as overt as just that, but it's there, and it's real.  What this does is, it effectively removes the parents from the 'parenting' equation, by design.  Unless parents realize this, and isolate their children from this mentality (not remove them from, but identify it, and isolate them "from" it) they will fall victim "to" it.

If you let this concept soak-in for a little while, what you begin to see is, from the top down you have a 'system' which because of ego, or whatever, is pitting their intellect against the intellect of parents.  This is a fundamentally different philosophy from days passed.  Until this is exposed, in terms that less educated parents can understand, it will only get worse.  Parents will be removed further and further out of the role of 'parenting' until their only role is just as surrogates to pop out new "recruits".  It's a production line mentality.

So, do parents have some responsibility?  Yes, I believe they do.  Should they be expected to be smarter than the most educated "educators"?  No, such an expectation would be unrealistic.  However, there ARE people who are NOT educators, who ARE as intelligent as the most educated educators and who have the ability to expose these trends.  They have the ability to translate (even 'dumb-down', if you will) these concepts into terms parents understand so they can do something about it.  The problem right now is...many of the people who have these abilities lean left just like the educators who are indoctrinating their children lean left.  And therein lies the problem. 

Fix that, and now we're getting somewhere!  (And that, is a "fixable" problem, a fixable problem within the reach of everyone).

Just my .02

ETA - But hey, what do I know, I'm just a Physicist by education and Engineer by trade.

Messages In This Thread
Have You Seen This - by hounddoghowlie - 04-09-2022, 02:26 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-09-2022, 03:33 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by DontTreadOnMe - 04-09-2022, 04:18 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-09-2022, 08:01 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-09-2022, 03:41 PM
RE: Have You Seen This - by guohua - 04-09-2022, 04:32 PM
RE: Have You Seen This - by hounddoghowlie - 04-09-2022, 05:13 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by DontTreadOnMe - 04-09-2022, 04:19 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by hounddoghowlie - 04-09-2022, 05:21 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-09-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: Have You Seen This - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-09-2022, 06:08 PM