Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
"Silly boy, it's all about trust."
(04-03-2022, 04:33 PM)DISRAELI Wrote: [A word of explanation. What follows below comes from the Foreword of a manuscript waiting to be snapped up by some enterprising publisher. It can be taken as a Religion thread or as an Introduction thread according to taste. Much of the site knows me already anyway.]

The death of Jesus on the Cross is the central fact of the Christian faith.

So the meaning of the death of Jesus on the Cross is the central issue of Christian teaching. I propose to offer my own understanding of the event.  But I need to explain first how I got there, and part of the explanation must be biographical.

Jesus has always been with me even though I was away for a long time. I have always known that the God of Israel and his Son were the one truth in this life and that has been reinforced over and over again in these last say 40 years of watching prophecy come to pass.

In the 1970's and 1980's we had many sermons on what was to come. How Christianity would be despised, outlawed, hated and everything that is righteous is considered evil and everything evil is considered righteous. 

Back then we were shaking our heads in disbelief, sure.. maybe in the middle east or Africa but surely not in the Western World and definitely never the United States.

Fast Forward to today and the change is shocking. I have no doubts in Jesus. 

I know what is coming and I am ready for the inevitable. 

You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Messages In This Thread
"Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by DISRAELI - 04-03-2022, 04:33 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by kdog - 04-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by Infolurker - 04-04-2022, 05:21 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 08:13 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 11:24 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 12:49 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 01:33 AM