Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New vehicles must average 40 mpg by 2026, up from 28 mpg
This all I know.
Without all the EPA Pollution Control Bullshit on your vehicle today, you would be getting closer to 35 MPG for a 4 cylinder on the interstate about 30 in the city.
My husband likes his Cummins 6.7. We now get 23 MPG at 78 MPH not towing our 16,000 thousand pound 5th wheel and towing we get 12 to 18 MPG depending on speed (72 MPH) and Grade of hills and mountains.

That is with all EPA Bull Shit removed to include the Catalytic Converter running a 5 inch exhaust pipe to the stock muffler. (my husband tells me)

If they would stop with the EPA equipment on diesels both cars and trucks, the mileage and engine life would increase to 1/2 a million miles or longer.
Our truck has 252,000 miles and my husband changes the oil and filter (to include the fuel filter) every 6,500 miles.
Transmission oil and filter (there are two filter) are changed every 60,000 miles.

The delete kit he used was a Mini maxx to delete the codes.
He is waiting for the first starter motor to arrive so he can replace it. That was the first starter to go out in 252,000 miles and 15 years he is also replacing the rear differential seal because of a tiny leak for the first time. 

Sorry, for the rambling.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New vehicles must average 40 mpg by 2026, up from 28 mpg - by guohua - 04-02-2022, 07:40 PM