Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New vehicles must average 40 mpg by 2026, up from 28 mpg
Quote:"A single Tesla battery weighing 1,000 pounds requires extracting and processing some 500,000 pounds of materials. At this rate, over the next thirty years we will need to mine more mineral ores than humans have extracted over the last 70,000 years."

Seems this thread has been getting quite a bit of attention. This is a mine in Faro Yukon. When we shut this mine down we left 1 billion dollars worth of environmental damage and guess who's on the hook for paying that ? The Canadian taxpayer. Mining is a dirty business.

Thread by a retired @Mining Mechanic.

He provided a very interesting PDF link to a paper titled "MINES, MINERALS, AND “GREEN” ENERGY: A REALITY CHECK."

The Green new Deal will destroy the planet.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(04-03-2022, 04:34 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 12:28 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Wait until there are power outages with EV cars.  And garage fires.  And the screaming starts about battery life, prices and disposal.

TPTB are not concerned with what happens to us plebes.  By the time these purchases are deemed unworkable, the costs will have been pocketed and the promoters will have faded into obscurity.

Then you'll be allowed to buy a gas powered car ag ... oh wait ... you'll be able to purchase a horse and saddle again.

I'm good with a horse, honestly.

Of course, I have an inside track, as I have a friend from way back in high school who does horse rescues these days, so I may be able to get a real deal on one. The average Joe is not in that position.

A horse is nothing that I haven't used as transport before, and it has two more legs than I had to get around with for a good chunk of my teenage years.

PLUS - and some folks are going to find this hard to believe - you can take a horse into places that pursuers can't get a car into. You can take a horse into some places that even an ATV or motorcycle can't get into... and in my world, that seems to be a plus in the horse column of the ledger.

You can get a horse into places where even helicopters can't get to you. Don't take my word for it, ask an Afghan.

The downside here is that Grace can't ride, and has no concept of the value of a horse, because she thinks they can't be eaten. Now, the fact is that a horse CAN be eaten (yes, I HAVE eaten horse, for inquiring minds), but they have a whole lot more value in the grand scheme of things than a mere meal. Grace is, unfortunately, geared towards farm animals that she thinks can be eaten, and she doesn't conceive of any other use for them. I bet that conception would change the first time she had to pull a plow herself, but that ain't happened yet, and ain't likely ever to happen...

Horses have a lot more use than just as a pet or a meal. Horses are multi-purpose critters.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’