Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scientists Build Circuit That Generates Clean, Limitless Power From Graphene
Quote: A team of University of Arkansas physicists has successfully developed a circuit capable of capturing graphene's thermal motion and converting it into an electrical current.

“An energy-harvesting circuit based on graphene could be incorporated into a chip to provide clean, limitless, low-voltage power for small devices or sensors,” said Paul Thibado, professor of physics and lead researcher in the discovery.

The findings, titled "Fluctuation-induced current from freestanding graphene," and published in the journal Physical Review E, are proof of a theory the physicists developed at the U of A three years ago that freestanding graphene — a single layer of carbon atoms — ripples and buckles in a way that holds promise for energy harvesting.

Link: https://www.thebrighterside.news/amp/sci...m-graphene

This is major because it was once thought impossible! 

Quote:In the 1950s, physicist Léon Brillouin published a landmark paper refuting the idea that adding a single diode, a one-way electrical gate, to a circuit is the solution to harvesting energy from Brownian motion. Knowing this, Thibado’s group built their circuit with two diodes for converting AC into a direct current (DC). With the diodes in opposition allowing the current to flow both ways, they provide separate paths through the circuit, producing a pulsing DC current that performs work on a load resistor.

Additionally, they discovered that their design increased the amount of power delivered. “We also found that the on-off, switch-like behavior of the diodes actually amplifies the power delivered, rather than reducing it, as previously thought,” said Thibado. “The rate of change in resistance provided by the diodes adds an extra factor to the power.”

So hats off to the physics department of the University of Arkansas! They have just made a major breakthrough, and proved it works!
And sadly, that'll probably be the last we ever hear of it.

Great innovations are being kept secret and hidden from the masses because it enables better control over us.

In my opinion.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-31-2022, 07:38 PM)beez Wrote: And sadly, that'll probably be the last we ever hear of it.

Great innovations are being kept secret and hidden from the masses because it enables better control over us.

In my opinion.

Poof, up in Smoke.
The last time you ever hear this mentioned.
Wipe from Youtube.
The scientist are paid for Silence with the threat of death for them and their entire family, including the pets.  tinysure
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Explanation: ...

For Reasons Of National Security ... [For Your Eyes Only!]

Quote:Whenever publication or disclosure by the publication of an application or by the grant of a patent on an invention in which the Government has a property interest might, in the opinion of the head of the interested Government agency, be detrimental to the national security, the Commissioner of Patents upon being so notified shall order that the invention be kept secret and shall withhold the publication of the application or the grant of a patent therefor under the conditions set forth hereinafter.

GALT: The Best Kept Secret in the World that Could Free Humanity with Unlimited Free Energy

Personal Disclosure: So zero point energy generation is a fact eh? ...

What happens if they add a 2nd layer of graphene sheet above the 1st sheet in a 3d fashion that generates a Casimir Effect ???

Would that generate even more energy out of 'nothing'???

Bravo to them ... thats nobel prize worthy!

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!