Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russian Ruble Now Tied to Gold. End of Dollar?
Saw this over on Gab. Neon Revolt (no clue who that is) posted it. Makes sense to me but world finance is not really my wheelhouse. 

Quote:I don't think people realized what just happened over the past few days, so I'm going to try to explain what I'm seeing:

The Russian central bank pegged 1 gram of gold to 5000 Rubles (currently, about 50 bucks).

At the same time, Putin made it so that Russian gas and oil can only be purchased in Rubles.

Meaning: Putin basically just pegged Russian oil and gas to gold, using paper rubles as a proxy.

Meaning: Europe will need to either buy Rubles from Putin in gold, in order to buy gas and oil, or they will have to buy directly in gold. Which means, there will soon be a lot more demand for rubles.

Currently, the forex rate for rubles to dollars is about 100:1.

But... with 5000 rubles now equaling 1 gram of gold, and oil being priced directly in gold - you're going to see a massive price disruption in these FOREX markets, in terms of how much gold a dollar can actually still buy.

Foreign countries holding our dollar debt notes in reserve will see less of a use for them, and will want to start dumping them, in order to get something more stable, something which holds its value.

Basically any currency pegged to gold now will fit the bill. Which means those countries - countries like Japan - will be dumping their dollar debt as fast as they can. They're are NOT going to go down with the ship. And they will move into more stable currencies - like the Ruble.

Which will have a deflationary effect on the Ruble, making it more valuable over time.

Which means Putin will be able to re-peg the Ruble to Gold at whatever rate he wants, down the line. It's 5000 rubles today. Tomorrow, it might be 500. And then 100. And then 10.

This also means all those excess dollars being dumped by foreign nations are about to come home and cause even worse hyperinflation than we're seeing.

Is it any wonder Biden is up on stage pleading with Europeans for regime change in Russia? He's about to have masses of angry and starving people marching through the streets here at home, demanding answers.
(03-27-2022, 11:47 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Saw this over on Gab. Neon Revolt (no clue who that is) posted it. Makes sense to me but world finance is not really my wheelhouse. 

Quote:I don't think people realized what just happened over the past few days, so I'm going to try to explain what I'm seeing:

The Russian central bank pegged 1 gram of gold to 5000 Rubles (currently, about 50 bucks).

At the same time, Putin made it so that Russian gas and oil can only be purchased in Rubles.

Meaning: Putin basically just pegged Russian oil and gas to gold, using paper rubles as a proxy.

Meaning: Europe will need to either buy Rubles from Putin in gold, in order to buy gas and oil, or they will have to buy directly in gold. Which means, there will soon be a lot more demand for rubles.

But... with 5000 rubles now equaling 1 gram of gold, and oil being priced directly in gold - you're going to see a massive price disruption in these FOREX markets, in terms of how much gold a dollar can actually still buy.

Foreign countries holding our dollar debt notes in reserve will see less of a use for them, and will want to start dumping them, in order to get something more stable, something which holds its value.

Basically any currency pegged to gold now will fit the bill. Which means those countries - countries like Japan - will be dumping their dollar debt as fast as they can. They're are NOT going to go down with the ship. And they will move into more stable currencies - like the Ruble.

Which will have a deflationary effect on the Ruble, making it more valuable over time.

Which means Putin will be able to re-peg the Ruble to Gold at whatever rate he wants, down the line. It's 5000 rubles today. Tomorrow, it might be 500. And then 100. And then 10.

This also means all those excess dollars being dumped by foreign nations are about to come home and cause even worse hyperinflation than we're seeing.

Is it any wonder Biden is up on stage pleading with Europeans for regime change in Russia? He's about to have masses of angry and starving people marching through the streets here at home, demanding answers.

I first heard of this from BP Earth. I don't always agree with BP Earth, but I do like listening to what he has to say. I used to watch him and Ben Davidson a number of years back. There was a bit of rivalry between them back then. I found them both entertaining.

All that to say, this video showed up in my feed. And less than thirty minutes later, I read your post.

I am starting to think that the world may be trying to tell me something.
minusculebiggrin 

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-28-2022, 12:03 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 11:47 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Saw this over on Gab. Neon Revolt (no clue who that is) posted it. Makes sense to me but world finance is not really my wheelhouse. 

I first heard of this from BP Earth. I don't always agree with BP Earth, but I do like listening to what he has to say. I used to watch him and Ben Davidson a number of years back. There was a bit of rivalry between them back then. I found them both entertaining.

All that to say, this video showed up in my feed. And less than thirty minutes later, I read your post.

I am starting to think that the world may be trying to tell me something.
minusculebiggrin 

Thanks for the video. I will watch it. If the Ruble being tied to gold is accurate, it's the first thing that makes sense about the US response so far.
There are so many angles in this scenario, I have no idea what to make of it.

The Rothschilds pulled out of the gold market around a decade ago.

Putin banned the Rothschilds from entering Russia a year or two ago.

The West appear to be moving towards digital currency.

Russia now want a gold standard to back up the Ruble.

Potential war between the West and Russia and possibly all of the BRICS nations.

There's more angles but it's late and my brain has hit a wall.