Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ubiquitous Bluetooth and PAN - Personal Area Network
I connected to my open WiFi network with the kindle and my smart phone and neither of them showed up on my computer network like this "austin" computer did. Also, nothing should show up on my network unless it is a computer, other devices, along with my computer, need an app to share files and isn't directly involved in my network.

I also walked out to the road to test the connection distance from all my WiFi networks with a smart phone, tablet and lap top and for the most part all signals disappear at the road, but the tablet could still connect to at least one. Certainly not enough of a signal to connect from a car unless they came up the drive some 50ft.

The WiFi can-tenna idea is interesting. Maybe someone has an outdoor directional WiFi antenna that they can rotate and happened to scan past my location looking for WiFi signals. I've tried that without being able to connect to anything, maybe that has changed since I did that. I should go on the offensive and hook up that antenna again and see if I can find anyone near by with a computer named "austin".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ubiquitous Bluetooth and PAN - Personal Area Network - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 03-06-2022, 04:01 PM