Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ubiquitous Bluetooth and PAN - Personal Area Network
(03-02-2022, 08:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 05:17 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Well, well, well, another tidbit to get this thread back on the topic of Bluetooth PANs.

Quote:. . . a video from Rob Braxman, aka the internet privacy guy. In this video he discusses the Bluetooth Mesh Network, a network that doesn't rely on the internet. The network is built around a flood of sensors (including your phone) where nearly every square inch can be tracked.

https://poorrichardsnews.com/the-most-so...-explains/

I've just had an unknown computer named "austin" appear on my private network while unconnected from the internet last night. I've put that up on ATS for input from the tech guys and someone mentioned that video. It's pretty much what I have posted here.

Might be someone doing a driveby trying to hack into your network with a Pringles can antenna.

I don't usually get any stray computers trying to connect to my network because, boonies. However, I have a neat little app on my cell phone that detects every signal trying to penetrate. It detects cell signals and wifi. It's how I found a surreptitious 5G signal that suddenly appeared. There ought not to be any 5G out here, but when I tracked it down, I found it was coming from my own router. Someone got into my router and reconfigured it for 5G. No idea how in the hell they did that. It was a secondary router, only used to connect a printer to the network, so I just unplugged it, and the 5G went away. I'm going to do a factory reset and see if that cures it.

The purpose of the app is to detect radiation exposure from RF, but it works well to identify stray signals, too, and that's about all I use it for.

When I was in Kansas City, I was on a wifi "mesh net", but that was wifi for computer access, rather than bluetooth for all device access, so it was higher speed.

Very cool. I think that this computer named "austin" was from my GF's Kindle Fire (Amazon board). Not sure yet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ubiquitous Bluetooth and PAN - Personal Area Network - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 03-02-2022, 07:20 PM