Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we Citizens of Dystopia already?
(08-15-2021, 06:53 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I have a growing opinion that much of, if not all of, the liberal rhetoric is BS, like the green new deal or build back better. So in regards to what kind of dystopian nightmare will are entering, it is doubtful to me that the ruling class with have much respect for planet Earth, probably far less as they elevate themselves to demigod status and the next phase of human evolution, like the movie "Zardoz".

Quote:In the year 2293, following a nanite plague that left most of the world uninhabitable[citation needed], the human population is divided into the immortal "Eternals" and mortal "Brutals." The Brutals live in an irradiated wasteland, growing food for the Eternals, who live apart in "the Vortex," leading a luxurious but aimless existence on the grounds of a country estate. The connection between the two groups is through Brutal Exterminators, who kill and terrorize other "Brutals" at the orders of a huge flying stone head called Zardoz, which supplies them with weapons in exchange for the food they collect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zardoz

A trippy 1974 Irish-American film that was rather low budget, but it at least stars Sean Connery.

Those mindless slogans, like "Green New Deal" (compare to CCP "Cultural Revolution") and "Build Back Better" (compare to "Arbeit macht Frei") are straight out of 1984. Catchphrases and slogans were big in Communist and other totalitarian nations as a means of getting people on board without allowing them to think it over too much. Orwell saw that happening in his day, and built it into the world of "1984"... and clearly it still goes on today. I submit to you that I think it is intensifying in the last few years, at least in America.

The world of Zardoz is where I see this nation heading. There is no way they can eradicate all us proles out in the countryside, and no way they can get us all herded into their Smart Cities, so they will likely try to make use of us as farmers just to support their lazy city asses, That's why I think we should learn our own terrain and learn how to set good ambushes now, to get ahead of that game.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Are we Citizens of Dystopia already? - by Ninurta - 08-15-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: Are we Citizens of Dystopia already? - by Ninurta - 08-15-2021, 07:34 PM