Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ancient Sites and Artefacts
Something bugs me in all this we're finding for the ancient world or the deep deep history of our planet. We're finding what is still human remains of intelligent creation. Whatever else things like a plumbing works in China from 150,000 years ago may suggest, it still reads as 100% human we're looking at here. Hence...we have people in history, and people are defined as much by vanity, ego and legacy concerns as anything. It is nature, as we DO see it apparent going back to cavemen...(or those periods of history our species has reverted back to cave-like living).

This is what bugs me.... In OUR modern world, we have a supreme confidence, almost beyond reason and good sense, that our world will always be as it is and we'll never see our civilization tossed to the ash heap of Earth's history...as others have been. Yet, despite that confidence bordering on outright arrogance...we have time capsules built and time vaults constructed around the world, in some of the most obscure and otherwise inaccessible places our planet has to be found. Why? Vanity .... Ego...and the need for legacy and continuance of the species. A biologically hardwired desire and need...common to many species, but absolutely a core aspect of our own.

SO...... Where are THEIR time capsules and where are THEIR timeless archives? If past civ's were advanced, as we suspect, and they would have had the same biologic priority that we experience....where are their efforts?

We dig in trash pits and ancient campfires ...when I think we ought to consider more closely...just what would ancient efforts to create such things look like today? They must exist. Somewhere....at least a couple from periods of the past, must be out there somewhere.

Messages In This Thread
Ancient Sites and Artefacts - by Mystic Wanderer - 05-21-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Ancient Sites and Artefacts - by senona - 05-21-2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Ancient Sites and Artefacts - by Minstrel - 05-22-2016, 01:46 AM
RE: Ancient Sites and Artefacts - by Wrabbit2000 - 05-22-2016, 01:54 AM