Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Here Comes Federal Reparations - They're Buttering-up the Bread as We Speak
They need to give them 10 acres and a bulldog instead of 40 acres and a mule. Inflation since 1865 when that promise was made by some military flack in South Carolina, y'know? Either that, or an amount of land price-adjusted for the intervening time and taking land values then and now into consideration.

An alternative is to divide up the 40 acres any slaves then living would have gotten among all of their living descendants, and give each descendant an equal share of the original 40 acres. For example, my Confederate cavalry great great grand pa has about 400 living descendants, so each of us would get around 1/10th of an acre. Deduct a proportional amount for any white ancestors they may have had.

The only land the feds own is in National parks and military bases, and I'm good with them giving wilderness park land to any former slaves still living among us who were given that promise. Since it came from a military commander of an occupied area, I'm even good with all the land given them coming off military bases. Just burn the bases to the ground, and give 'em the land that is left. And a bulldog, to pull the plow. The military is becoming more useless with each passing day, anyhow. They don't need a base for their diversity training - a simple classroom will do.

So give them their price adjusted land in the wilderness, and let's see what they can make of it in this day and age, given the skills they currently possess or have managed to keep alive.

Wipe our hands of the matter, and call it a day.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here Comes Federal Reparations - They're Buttering-up the Bread as We Speak - by Ninurta - 03-15-2021, 02:41 AM