Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow.
(02-16-2021, 10:39 AM)drussell41 Wrote: https://media.gab.com/system/media_attac...fed54.jpeg

I once thought of doing a class for teens about realistic expectations and aging.

I used to do home visits. Almost all of my elderly patients had pictures on shelves and walls, that looked like movie stars. I soon stopped asking who the people were in the pictures, it became obvious that it was pictures of them when they were young.

I thought it would be beneficial for teens to have a more realistic view of what they were likely to look like in just a few years, and not to put so much value on the superficial. Well the classes didn't go over very well, just like my classes on Cyber Safety were a big flop, because teens can't see past the here and now, no matter how hard you try.

I have had moments when I knew I was home along, and was startled by the stranger in the mirror, to awaken to the fact, that that stranger was me. I sometimes look like my Aunt that has long past, when I look in the mirror. She was my favorite. She wasn't the beautiful aunt. She was the crazy funny aunt, that you always wanted to be around. So I don't mind that much seeing her in the mirror now and again.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow. - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 02-16-2021, 06:44 PM