Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stunned for want of a better word
(12-16-2020, 06:44 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" 
"Bribery" was the best word to describe the meaning.
My old friend did mention that two maybe three of the contacts in California are already Highly Compromised from recent and past dealings.

Yes, like the Movie (original) Red Dawn without the actual Invasion.
The PLAN (People Liberation Army Navy) will be homesteaded in S.F and San Diego Ca. and Pulling into Oregon with the Chinese Buying Portland.
Yes, there is Talk Of Just That!

Wow!

I have an old friend who was stationed in San Diego, in the WesPac fleet.  I feel pretty sure that the US Navy there might get a little jittery with PLAN that close to them. That's pretty certain to spark some incidents. Tijuana will probably be pretty happy about it, though - I bet none of those PLAN sailors have ever seen a "donkey show"!

The "Red Dawn" movies were not too dissimilar - even used the same names for the most part. The first, original, one had Cuba and Nicaragua invading with Soviet advisors, and the second, remake one, had North Korea invading, but with Russian advisors again instead of PLA advisors, which I thought was weird given international political realities.

I'd just give the CCP Portland if they'd just come and remove it, take it back home. They can have it for the hauling away. It ain't nothing but Leftist problems to America now, to hear the news speak of it. San Francisco, same. SF is a lost cause. If the CCP don't haul it away, we're better off burning it to ashes and building a Home Depot on the ashes with a huge parking lot.

San Fran DOES have China Town, however, so I'd think the CCP would be interested in recovering their "runaway citizens" there by buying it, too.

And it is "bribery" I was just pulling your leg because I heard that CCP guy say that today, and he said it with a straight face, My humor doesn't always translate well with the written word... 

ETA: Been sitting here thinking about this. The bases I can sort of see, since the US is headed into Third World territory, and it's not without precedent - the US has bases all around the world in foreign countries, so I'm sure that will be the argument for letting a foreign country install a few bases here, too. I mean, Canada did it, and they're still Canada, right? The US has bases in places like Germany, for decades now, and it's still Germany, right? And so the argument will go. Buying entire cities might be a little harder to argue. that would make those cities Chinese colonies in America, Chinese sovereign territory on US soil, and America knows something about colonialism. That might be a little tougher to sell, especially to the Indian tribes. They still recall the last time colonies got planted here...

And PLA military bases WOULD make it a lot easier to smuggle weapons in to arm Antifa and the like... right now, some of those Chinese weapons shipments are getting intercepted, which is bad for business. Right now, a lot of Chinese military equipment is coming in to miscreants marked as "car parts" and "metal tubes" and that sort of thing, and sailing right through Customs, not really even getting checked. It's usually only the really huge shipments that are getting any attention. With bases here, they wouldn't have to worry about Customs checks - just haul it in, 'cause it's a military base, so, military equipment, then quietly ship it out the back gate in POVs or the like for distribution.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by Snarl - 12-16-2020, 12:28 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by guohua - 12-16-2020, 01:35 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by Snarl - 12-16-2020, 01:21 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by guohua - 12-16-2020, 01:53 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by kdog - 12-16-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by kdog - 12-16-2020, 03:11 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by guohua - 12-16-2020, 06:44 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by Ninurta - 12-16-2020, 07:01 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by Wallfire - 12-16-2020, 07:10 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by guohua - 12-16-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: Stunned for want of a better word - by guohua - 12-16-2020, 04:47 PM