Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wind farm syndrome
When my daughter came to see me she would complain of a high pitch sound in the living room. I could not hear it but I have tinnitus. So after a few times we decided to find out what it was. We unplugged each appliance one at a time with no change till we came to the foot lamp that had a system to adjust the light power. The lamp was turned off but when unplugged the sound stopped. Strange thing was even when "turned off" the lamp still emitted the sound.
I would say that your next door has moved something. I also have a friend whos daughter can hear the phone charger when its in use. 
Some times its good to be old
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER / FEAR NOT DEATH, BUT FEAR THE WAY YOU WILL DIE
(11-21-2020, 08:02 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 07:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: There are also areas here where I can "feel" a hum rather than hear it. When my feet contact those areas, it feels like a rapid vibration in them, as if the Earth itself is humming. I dunno what that is, either - maybe the Earth has had enough of our shit and is getting ready to evict us!

It says only two percent of the population is affected by the mysterious 'hum".

Mysterious Hum Driving People Crazy Around The World
https://www.nbcnews.com/sciencemain/myst...6C10760872

Contrary to the headline, "the Hum" is not what drove me crazy - I was crazy long before that!

I don't hear anything, just feel a vibration occasionally in my feet, up to about my ankles, when I am standing at certain spots. So what I experience may not be "the Hum".

The article also said that it is heard more often indoors, which is possible. We had a magnitude 5.2 earthquake a few years back, centered right in the middle of Virginia that was felt all up and down the eastern seaboard. I was living in Burlington, NC at the time, and the whole house shook and rumbled. I was asleep on the sofa, and my wife at the time ran into the room in a panic screaming "what IS that? What IS that?" I opened one eye and told her to relax, it was just an earthquake, and went back to sleep. It shook the house so hard that a crack appeared in the wall just above and to the right of the fireplace.

Now the weird thing about that earthquake is that my boss was outdoors at the time, and never even knew there had been an earthquake until he got home that night and saw it on the news. So that earthquake was VERY noticeable indoors, but undetectable outdoors, just like the article describes "the Hum". Perhaps enclosed structures act as amplifiers or sound chambers for it.

I do have tinnitus in my old age, but I have it nearly all the time, and the "foot vibrations" don't happen all the time, just at certain locations.

I probably wouldn't hear it anyhow. I keep either a radio or a TV going on all the time, day and night, for background noise. If I don't, I hear every little noise outside and have to go investigate it to make sure it ain't someone sneaking up on me. Result of a wicked and mis-spent youth, I reckon, but I'd never get any sleep without the background noise.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” ― Ernest Hemingway

"It's the hillbilly way. We kill people and burn their shit down." -- Jim Powell, in "Blood and Banjos" by Franklin Horton

(11-22-2020, 03:18 PM)Wallfire Wrote: When my daughter came to see me she would complain of a high pitch sound in the living room. I could not hear it but I have tinnitus. So after a few times we decided to find out what it was. We unplugged each appliance one at a time with no change till we came to the foot lamp that had a system to adjust the light power. The lamp was turned off but when unplugged the sound stopped. Strange thing was even when "turned off" the lamp still emitted the sound.
I would say that your next door has moved something. I also have a friend whos daughter can hear the phone charger when its in use. 
Some times its good to be old

minusculethumbsup  The faulty lamp and charger ideas makes good sense.

On a different subject, I have an old TV screen that I use with my old computer to make the banners.
I switch it off when I finish of course and yet sometimes, I find it switched on! It has an ancient remote
control and I suspect another remote is accidentally switching it on.

This TV makes a buzz too. tinywondering
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
"They watch from behind complacent smiles whilst polishing their cutlery. Yet, with egg between the prongs"
(11-20-2020, 10:26 PM)BIAD Wrote: There's a place in my house where I pick up a 'field' of some type that has no noise, yet I can hear a sort of sound.
I only noticed it around a month ago.

At first, I accidentally located it just outside the main bathroom at the top of stairs and strangely, where my wife saw
the apparition of a long-dead relative of hers. I stepped into the bathroom believing that the LED-light mirror that we'd
had installed, may have electricity 'reducers' inside the mirror cabinet and this was what was producing the weird
feeling.

But no, the static-like aura disappeared and when i leaned back out of the bathroom, that sense of standing next
to a highly electrical transformer returned. Stepping away further onto the stair-landing, it faded again.

I asked my wife to witness this unusual feeling and standing where I'd been, she said she couldn't sense it.

A week later, I thought the weather was changing and decided to switch on the central-heating (UK).
As I walked into a small lobby-way where the thermostat is situated, that strong feeling hit me again.
Exactly where I was standing was below the position outside the bathroom upstairs!

Again, I asked my wife to see if she could feel this buzzing-but-not-buzzing area and she said she couldn't.

It's still there, as I felt it only a few minutes ago when switching off the central-heating! It's like a column
of something like light static that is around two feet wide and stretches from upstairs to the ground floor.
Tomorrow, I'm going to check the same place in the attic.

@BIAD,  if you have any way possible, check that area of land your house is built on and see if any water lines, natural streams or pipes, cross one another. Also check for ley lines. These areas can affect "sensitive" people.

One other thing you can do is to take two wire coat hangers and straighten them, then cut them into two pieces leaving a handle on the end. Make sure each wire is the same in length. You can use these as dowsing rods.
If there is a 'vortex' of some sort in that area where you are affected, the wires will cross one another when you stand inside it.
People should avoid any lengthy exposure to these areas.
@Ninurta said,

Quote:I do have tinnitus in my old age, but I have it nearly all the time, and the "foot vibrations" don't happen all the time, just at certain locations.

That reminds me of a time Spirit Scribe and I went to visit a graveyard in my hometown. I hardly ever visited it when I lived there because of the creepy "vibes" it gave it. It's located in a very dark forest where the trees block out the sunlight.

So, SS liked visiting old graveyards and wanted to inspect some of the tombstones for the years when people lived there. I walked over to one grave and immediately got a vibration running up my feet and legs, along with a very strange feeling.
I told her to walk over to the grave, but never mentioned what I felt.
She did.
Oh, the look on her face when she stepped on the grave was priceless. She jumped off immediately. She's more sensitive than even I am. Her mouth stayed open for a full minute with a look of 'WTH"?   tinywhat 

I told her I felt it too. We left soon after.   tinylaughing
(11-22-2020, 07:57 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @BIAD,  if you have any way possible, check that area of land your house is built on and see if any
water lines, natural streams or pipes, cross one another.
Also check for ley lines. These areas can affect "sensitive" people.

One other thing you can do is to take two wire coat hangers...

Thanks Mystic, I'v used home-made dowsing rods before. The nearest ley-line I can see from a map
I found is one that runs through 'Leyburn', but it's about twenty-four miles south of my town.

There's a river about twenty feet away from my house and it was known for a water-spirit called
'Nanny Powler', a relation to Peggy Powler who inhabits a lager river closer to the town centre.

The limited research I've done on the surrounding area is that at-best, it had a chicken farm
not far from the river!
"They watch from behind complacent smiles whilst polishing their cutlery. Yet, with egg between the prongs"
(11-22-2020, 08:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I told her I felt it too. We left soon after.   tinylaughing
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8683]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)