Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Absentee voting/mail in voting
I moved my voter registration when I changed my driver's license for the move, but never got any notification that it had been changed. So I went online today, and discovered that it had indeed been changed. So then I called the county registrar to find out why I hadn't been notified, and it was only THEN, when I had the registrar on the phone, that I was informed that early voting was available - if I was willing to drive 40 miles to the county seat on certain days. I'm not. We have perfectly usable voting booths at the local precinct on election day.

SO - they can change my voter registration without notifying me, and they can initiate early voting but only inform select folks rather than broadcasting that information for everyone to know.

This, all things considered, is not exactly confidence inspiring.

I think, after I die, I'm gonna have my kids and grandkids check my voter registration every election cycle to make sure it hasn't been moved without notification - to, for instance, Northern Virginia where all the Marxists live - so they can be sure I'm not voting for a commie from the grave. It's a goddamned shame it's come to this.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Absentee voting/mail in voting - by ChiefD - 09-22-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Absentee voting/mail in voting - by kdog - 09-22-2020, 01:57 AM
RE: Absentee voting/mail in voting - by Ninurta - 09-22-2020, 03:48 AM
RE: Absentee voting/mail in voting - by Ninurta - 09-22-2020, 07:33 AM
RE: Absentee voting/mail in voting - by beez - 09-22-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Absentee voting/mail in voting - by guohua - 09-22-2020, 07:22 PM