Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden - Voters Should Pick the President and the President Should Pick the Justice
(09-21-2020, 07:06 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 11:27 PM)xuenchen Wrote: And Joe...btw, Trump is President picked by voters, and Trump will pick the next Justice.

Isn't Trump the president picked by electoral college, and not the voters?

(Don't get me wrong here, i think it was great that Trump won and KILLary did not. And i hope a second term for Trump. I don't want a superpower ruled by a... uh... i mean.... teleprompter please, i can't complete my post)

It's complicated by our system, but Trump was elected by the voters.

In America, we do not vote directly for the president in our elections. Instead, we are voting for "electors" in the Electoral College, and they in turn vote for the president. it's a cut-out to protect the People from the Tyranny of the Majority. It is part of what makes America a Republic rather than a Democracy. So the voters did vote for Trump, but indirectly as the system is set up for.

I recall Election 2016 vividly. I voted that morning, then went to work in the evening, working second shift. Just before I left work at 11:30 PM, I checked the election results, and Trump was about one million votes in the lead. By 6 AM the next morning, Hillary was 3 million votes in the lead - a difference of 4 million votes in total. For that to happen legitimately, EVERY SINGLE VOTE counted in that 6 hour span would have had to have been a vote for Hillary. I'm utterly unwilling to entertain the odds that every single vote was for Hillary during that period, and I smell shenanigans at play instead. Therefore, I do not subscribe to the fiction that "Hillary won the popular vote". that only happened in the minds of the most gullible. Trump should have gotten at least a couple of votes during that time span, just going by the averages of what had already been counted, and common sense.

So, Trump was duly elected, either way. he needs to do his goddamned job that he was elected for, and that the US Constitution demands of him, and select a successor for Ginsberg for the Senate to consider. Now I hear Democrats calling for him to be impeached if he does - have they never read the Constitution? Do they not understand that his JOB REQUIRES that he select a potential successor? Are they seriously threatening to impeach him for doing what the Constitution requires him to do? How could that possibly be a constitutional move on their part? To violate the Constitution that egregiously should be classified as the treason against America that it is, and all participants in impeachment on such ridiculous grounds should have to go through trials at law of their own. That's not treason against the President, it's treason against the Constitution itself.

The batshit crazy in America just gets deeper and deeper...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden - Voters Should Pick the President and the President Should Pick the Justice - by Ninurta - 09-21-2020, 10:15 PM