Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Afghanistan: An Individual Soldier's Perspective Parts I - III
(09-14-2020, 09:50 PM)projectvxn Wrote: I went on several air assault missions against the Taliban with ANA commandos who were every bit as professional as the SAS who trained them.

Long story short, I got to know the ANA both their conventional forces stuck on guard duty the same as me and the special operators taking the fight to the enemy - coming out of the sky like dirty and tough as # valkyries.

I understand now that my experiences with the ANA were not typical. Most ANA units are disjointed garbage units filled jihadists and undisciplined people.

That's good hear, that some were outstanding.   Frankly, I've always suspected your last sentence above.

I don't respect the men of this nation, by and large.   Between the way they treat their women and the bacha bazi scene....   ugh.  "Women are for babies and boys are for fun."   Yeah.  I'm thinking fun might look more like dropping alot of them from altitude.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Afghanistan: An Individual Soldier's Perspective Parts I - III - by drussell41 - 09-14-2020, 10:16 PM