Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember?
(09-12-2020, 02:18 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 02:07 AM)beez Wrote: I had just gotten out in August of 2001.  Looking to start a new civilian job.  Finish my Masters.  Spend time at home with the bride and the child, second child wasn't made yet, and enjoy life, drink beer, go fishing.

9/11,  my old squadron first shirt called me at home.

Shit was never the same.

tinyok

We were stationed in Korea.  First tour as a sillyvilian.  Wife called me over to the TV and said a plane had hit the WTC.  I got there in time to see the 2d plane hit.  I pulled out my cell and called the J2 Watch and told 'em, "Wake the CINC.  He's gonna want to see this right now."

The next morning I can tell getting on post is going to be a challenge.  I drove around to the easiest gate you could get on post with.  There were two cars in front of me and it still took 4 1/2 hours to get past the barriers.  I never did figure out where they got those tanks from.  We went from business as usual to a war footing before the sun had come up.  I was never prouder of what our military stood for.

This video tribute really caught me off guard:

reminded me of what my buddies told me. they said that security was tighter than anything they had ever seen. and you remember what kind of security we had on the last duty station i posted about don't you. now that's pretty tight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember? - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember? - by hounddoghowlie - 09-12-2020, 02:54 AM