Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember?
(09-12-2020, 01:32 AM)kdog Wrote: I remember very well that day, but I don't watch anything anymore because it is still painful. I still remember my fear. 

I was working in a high rise downtown Louisville refurbishing an elevator. I came down , as usual for a smoke break around 9 or 9:30 am. The security guard asked me if I had heard about a plane hitting a building in NYC. I said, no, I was working by myself on an empty upper floor. 

I walked a block down to a bank that had a big TV displayed in the window. That is when I saw the second plane hit. I called my wife and told her I was going to pick up our 2 year old daughter from daycare and heading home. I stayed glued to the TV. 

10 days later, my son was born. 

It was the day the planes stop flying. I erected a pole in the front yard and flew the American flag. 

My world changed that day. 

I still get choked up, even now as I type this.

Quite a time for you. I’m getting choked up reading your post. That day was our generation’s Pearl Harbor.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember? - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember? - by ChiefD - 09-12-2020, 01:54 AM